Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 07-27-2006, 05:32 AM

shadowboy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to shadowboy Send a message via MSN to shadowboy Send a message via Yahoo to shadowboy
Default let me capture your memories

Ok the is a thread for you to discuss places you've been, would like to go, or only dream about. It can be as miniscule as a resteraunt in your city, town,etc, or places were no one but yourself has laid a foot.

I'm starting this thread just to give me some idea's of places others on here enjoy (ed) and to help guide me on some places to go for next year. For me, travelling is the best thing in the world, and I would have never travlled anywere if it wasn't for a little fruit stand we opened in keremeos. Through this fruit stand which was a gong show Ex. dead bear in the fruit cooler and 10 pop cans exploding in our drink cooler, blowing the doors open and spraying everyone there at the time. I may babble on but i think it's worth reading, and shows that fate and chance may not be all Coincidence.

we met a couple in the summer at our tiny fruitstand that were biking across canada, they had flown from australia, biked across the u.s. mexico and were on their way east and then to fly to europe, bike it, new zealand bike it..so on. That weekend was the 3rd in august when penticton has the iron man, a trialthalon. Both of them were triathletes, winning top 10 in australia, they wanted to stay, so my dad piped up they could stay on our lawn, tent. So we had them for a week, they helped us and after the iron man continued on their way. We kept in touch and in febuary they said they wanted us to go to their wedding. We flew to australia had an amazing time, snorkeled ningaloo reef, played with dolphins...and 5 foot tiger shark..opps! The snorkeling got me into fish tanks, trying to recapture a sliver of the beatuy. The fish tanks got me to meet Seahorse_ fanatic over the internet with some halimedia for sale. This lead to building a friendship with his wife and family and this march I went to malaysia with his wife (sorry anthony!) I got my scuba ticket met lot's of new people at hostels and hopefully will be travelling to singapore and finish traveling the rest of malaysia, which is a beatiful country.
So give me you stories, I love to read them.
So many things could have gone wrong ( the triathletes could have been axe murderers, anthony could have been a petaphile ( no comments on that) and other things.

don't be shy give me what ya got!

tb

Livestock: powderblue tang,scopas tang,sailfin tang, blue tang, longnose hawkfish, coral beauty,2 clown fish,royal gramma,checkerboard wrasse, sixline wrasse.

soon to running 55 gallon refugium.
Old 07-27-2006, 12:33 PM

Ruth is on a distinguished road

I travel a lot with my work to some pretty remote areas of NE BC, NW Alberta, the NWT and YT working with mostly First Nation communities. It's actually pretty cool as a lot of places a person would never get to in their lifetime and would never show up in some vacation planner.
This spring I went to Thailand (Koh Tao and Koh Samui) and Hong Kong. Also got my PADI open water diving certification and saw some amazing coral reefs. I really hope to one day get back to Asia to do some more exploring - wonderful people and wonderful experience.
Just recently bought a new cutting horse so am going to be campaigning her in BC, Alta., and the NW states so will get to see even more of the country closer to home.
Old 07-27-2006, 03:35 PM

TheReefGeek is on a distinguished road

I dream of taking my fiancee & soon to be wife, to australia. I would love to start out in sydney, work my way up to cairns, then on to new zealand.

I really wish she could scuba dive with me, but her ears will not allow it, perhaps she can snorkle a bit if she is carefull.

Old 07-27-2006, 04:32 PM

Midknight is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Midknight Send a message via Yahoo to Midknight

Well ... I was born in Quebec (yes I could be called a foreigner), have live as far north as Whitehorse, as far south as St. Pete Florida,
just about everywhere on Vancouver Island (Graduated in Gold River) and as far east as Libra West Africa.
And many many point in-between.

Last edited by Midknight; 07-27-2006 at 04:36 PM.
Old 07-27-2006, 05:08 PM

kuatto is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to kuatto

I been to so many places around the world thanks to the Military.Places like Bosnia and Afghanastan.Travelled to Germany,Iceland,Phillipines,Malaysain Islands,Dubai and Guam.The best trip was a resort in Guam called The Outrigger Hotel,seen alot of nice reef fish.

Jim
Old 07-27-2006, 10:39 PM
Rest In Peace

Doug has disabled reputation

I went to Winnipeg.
Old 07-28-2006, 12:27 AM

Beverly is on a distinguished road

Hey, I've been to Winnipeg

Also been to Inuvik, Tuktoyaktuk, Cape Breton Island, Halifax, all over PEI, all over southern BC and as far west as camping in Tofino, and as far south as Havana Cuba. Visited all those places many, many years ago. Not much of a traveller anymore, though.

In my wildest dreams, though, I'd like to go to Ellesmere Island, the Gulf Islands, Patagonia S. America, and to Maui to visit friends who live there.

Beverly's 10g Nano YouTube Channel
Old 07-28-2006, 03:21 AM

Canadbis is on a distinguished road

I have been coast to coast in Canada minus NFLD, Van/vic Island, and the territories. Done the Atlantic city thing which was awesome because all the streets are the monopoly board, and enjoyed Vegas lots.
If I could go anywhere I think it would be Easter Island

Yo Mama's so ugly, she scares people with the lights OFF
Old 07-28-2006, 03:31 AM

shadowboy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to shadowboy Send a message via MSN to shadowboy Send a message via Yahoo to shadowboy

I've been to winnipeg to..unfortunetly (just kidding!)
It amazing what there is to see in canada alone. We have cousins moving here from england, and when we were camping with them, they marvelled at everything we take for granted. So open your eyes of your daily routine and look at the beauty, be it a majestic oak or the bald guy that waves the little ceasers pizza's sign...

tb

Livestock: powderblue tang,scopas tang,sailfin tang, blue tang, longnose hawkfish, coral beauty,2 clown fish,royal gramma,checkerboard wrasse, sixline wrasse.

soon to running 55 gallon refugium.
Old 07-28-2006, 04:20 AM

TheReefGeek is on a distinguished road

There is definately so much to see in Canada without going elsewhere, and it keeps the tourism dollars here, help our flailing tourism a bit.

Me, I was suckered in by the television commercial where they feature foreigners talking about their visit to Canada, then they ask "have you been there?" and when they talked about the killer whales in BC, I said, well no I haven't! I should go see them! So I will be there in a couple weeks from now, woohoo! 4 days of ocean water kayaking and wilderness camping with my wife and dog! The dog will be interesting in the kayak!