Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 04-09-2009, 09:54 PM

Rbacchiega is on a distinguished road
Default Motorbikes!!!!

Who's got 'em or used to have one?

I just bought a 1979 Yamaha XS 1100...and I'm going to murder it LOL. New Forks, New Seat, possibly a harley-style gas tank. Helllooooooooooooo Chopper!

Anyone?
I've got so much glue on my pants it looks like a Friday night gone horribly wrong.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:17 PM

GreenSpottedPuffer is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't have a bike yet but I rode my friends Ducati Monster S4R the other day and am trying to convince him to sell it to me

He NEVER rides its so it just sits down in the underground parking of our building. For now hes saying no but I think he will come around. He paid $30K two years ago and I figure $20K is fair

But I also have to actually get my Canadian bike license still...I think it takes a month? He said a month but he got his years ago...

Last edited by GreenSpottedPuffer; 04-09-2009 at 10:19 PM.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:40 PM

$20K! I bought my bike for $400 I figure once my brother and I make it beautiful there should be another $1500 so I'l lhave a rad chopped bike for about 2 grand, which isn't bad at all.

I'm not sure about BC, I know in Alberta there's a course you can take (they even rent you the bikes for crying out loud) and they teach you pretty much everything, even how to lay down a bike should you need to. Then you get a discount on your license.

The last bike I had (2007 Katana 750) I bent the frame on...so I'm excited to get this beast. And when I say beast I mean it...this thing has 4 pipes running from the engine, 1100 cc...big bike for someone like me (5'7")
I've got so much glue on my pants it looks like a Friday night gone horribly wrong.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:44 PM

my2rotties is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to my2rotties Send a message via Yahoo to my2rotties

WOO HOO another chick that rides bikes... I don't know enough of them. I have a 2000 Roulette green Triumph speed triple. It's the bike from the Mission Impossible II movie. Actually it's on my Facebook profile picture right now.

It's for sale now since I never have a chance to ride it.

Last edited by my2rotties; 04-09-2009 at 10:47 PM.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:49 PM

Yeah Diana, I saw the pic in your profile. You're selling Frank's too? Or who's is the red bike?

I don't mind rockets, don't get me wrong, they are a hot bike...but this one is going to be rad...

This is pretty much identical to how the bike looks now (not the exact bike, but same colouring, model etc):
Old 04-09-2009, 11:06 PM

my2rotties is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to my2rotties Send a message via Yahoo to my2rotties

Yes the ZX10R is also for sale... I am sick of him getting mass tickets or running away from the sheriffs when they clock him doing a million. I never considered my bike a crotch rocket since Frank can blow past me like I am standing still. I wanted something different then anybody else's so I opted for my S3. I love my bike but hate riding in the wind, cold or not so perfect weather conditions... therefore I never ride it.

I like your bike and it will look sweet when it is done...can you do a concept drawing... I know you can.

Frank's bike is all carbon fiber farings, aftermarket everything, NOS, and has custom ghost skulls in the paint. He hates riding it since when we go out for a couple of hours it's a back breaker, mine is not so comfy either. I want something better the next time around as I am 6' tall and all my height is in my legs. They get really crampy on my Triumph too.

Frank's bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbacchiega View Post
Yeah Diana, I saw the pic in your profile. You're selling Frank's too? Or who's is the red bike?

I don't mind rockets, don't get me wrong, they are a hot bike...but this one is going to be rad...

This is pretty much identical to how the bike looks now (not the exact bike, but same colouring, model etc):
Old 04-09-2009, 11:25 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

I ride mine pretty much all year round, except for the week or two we have snow this year I have had it parked more than normal though..

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:39 PM

Somewhere between this one:

and this one:

The last one is only a 650, but we're planning on cutting out alot of the unnecesary stuff in my bike so it'll be a naked looking frame.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:41 PM

that's one bad ass bike Steve.

I'm a big fan of cruiser style bikes lately. Alot easier to enjoy the ride on the highway. When I had the Katana any time someone passed me I would have to work a little harder to keep her level.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:55 PM

Brent F is on a distinguished road

I have a Ducati S2R 800 Monster

Like my2rotties I'm selling it this spring. Never seem to ride it.