Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 10-31-2019, 09:26 PM

Llorgon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash View Post
I thought my cat would at least show some interest in my tank, unlike the husband & kid, but no. He has completely ignored it. Sigh...
Sometimes I hold the dog up to the glass but his eyesight is almost completely gone now.

Both our cats find interest in the tanks. It would make it much easier if they just ignored it.
Old 11-01-2019, 03:30 AM

Took a few more pictures of the tank. The lps setting on the radios seems very blue to me. Maybe it's just me though.

Acans are doing well as is the Kenya tree. At least something likes my tank!

The frogspawn has a few heads that are doing a little better. Hoping it continues.

The mushrooms I have are very small. About half the size they were in the 75 gallon. Again doesn't seem to matter where I move them.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Old 11-03-2019, 03:46 PM

I have upped the flow of the mp10 to about 70% on reef crest seems to have taken care of the cyano I had on the sand. Still some left here and there on the rocks though.

I also removed all the dead coral while doing my weekly water change. On the plus side while removing the dead coral I found that there was a tiny piece of the bird'snest still alive! It's a very tiny piece, but it's something. So I broke off the live piece and kept that.

My water does seem slightly cloudy lately. I am wondering if it's because of the accidental vibrant overdose earlier in the week.

Old 11-03-2019, 11:20 PM

Tested tank params today

Tank Params are

Salinity: 1.026

Temp: 78

pH: 7.8

Ammonia: 0

Nitrite: 0

Nitrate: 5

Phosphate: 0.031

Alkalinity: 9.6

Calcium: 450

Magnesium: 1340

Mag and Cal have gone in opposite directions this week. Might be my testing error. Sometimes it's hard to tell when those salifert tests have started to change.

Old 11-04-2019, 10:45 PM

Tank has been looking better today. Water is less cloudy and the frogspawn is looking a little bit better.

On some less good news, looks like I will be moving again in December... So that means taking the tank and moving everything again. At least it's only 25 minutes away this time.
Old 11-06-2019, 08:03 PM

Location: Edmonton, AB...find the earie glow of the T5 lights coming from a house lol
bauder1986 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llorgon View Post
Tank has been looking better today. Water is less cloudy and the frogspawn is looking a little bit better.

On some less good news, looks like I will be moving again in December... So that means taking the tank and moving everything again. At least it's only 25 minutes away this time.

Maybe on this move you should plan to move the tank from the old place to the new place in the fastest way possible. Basically Rubbermaid containers to house all your livestock Rock and water. And some extra hands to help you carry it all really quick into the vehicle that should be heated. Get it out of the house quick and into the new one and set up just as quick.
Old 11-06-2019, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bauder1986 View Post
Maybe on this move you should plan to move the tank from the old place to the new place in the fastest way possible. Basically Rubbermaid containers to house all your livestock Rock and water. And some extra hands to help you carry it all really quick into the vehicle that should be heated. Get it out of the house quick and into the new one and set up just as quick.

That's the plan. Door to door it's about 25 minutes highway. Less if I drive fast and it hasn't snowed yet.

Fish in one bucket, coral in a few containers and rocks in another bucket. Bring some fresh saltwater and take everything over in one shot.

I may have to move the tank on moving day, but I think it will only take an hour at most to tear down and probably less to setup. I think everything should be ok.

At least I can setup my 75 gallon sooner now.
Old 11-09-2019, 02:15 AM

Not much to update on with the tank. It's basically on holding to keep everything steady until we move again. Mostly been dealing with our problem tenant and hoping she moves when she said she was going to.

Frogspawn is doing better, but still have 2 heads not opening. Others are opening, but not to the same extent that they were in the 75 gal.

Kenya tree is loving life and the 2 mushrooms are still half the size of what they were in the 75 gallon. Acans seem to be happy as well.

I finally managed to get a picture of the teeny tiny piece of forest fire digi that survived.

Fish are all happy and eating!

Old 11-11-2019, 11:39 PM

Did my weekly water change and water testing. I got a big increase in phosphates this week. I'm not entirely sure why. Everything else is pretty stable.

Tank Params are
Salinity: 1.026
Temp: 78
pH: 7.8
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 5
Phosphate: 0.092 up from 0.031 last week.
Alkalinity: 9.6
Calcium: 450
Magnesium: 1350

Tried to take more pictures. They always come out so blue! Anyone have tips on taking decent pics of the tank with a Nexus 6?

Old 11-20-2019, 02:58 AM

Anyways, not a whole lot to update on the tank. Things have been pretty steady. Most of the frogspawn is opening daily. The Kenya tree is growing and has dropped some branches that have found a home of their own in the tank. The acans look to be doing well. The little finger nail sized piece of forest fire digi that survived the move is showing some growth!

I am having trouble with my 2 mushrooms. They are tiny and looking worse every day. I'm not sure what the issue is. I have them at the bottom of the tank in a lower flow area. Maybe still too much flow?

Fish are all doing well and eating. I'm seeing some pods on the glass and the algae in the tank is going from brown to green so I think that's good?