Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 11-02-2011, 06:20 AM

RCK is on a distinguished road
Default Coral sting?

Will a lobophyllia sting a maze coral or a doughnut coral?
Old 11-02-2011, 06:31 AM

fishytime will become famous soon enough

LPS in general pack a pretty good sting.....and some of them have a surprisingly long reach with their sweeper tentacles.....Im not sure which of those corals you listed would win, but something will win..... I wouldnt place them to close together if you value them....
260g mixed reef, 105g sump, water blaster 7000 return, Bubble King SM 300 skimmer, Aqua Controller Jr, 4 radions, 3 Tunze 6055s,1 tunze 6065, 2 Vortech MP40s, Vortech MP20, Tunze ATO, GHL SA2 doser, 2 TLF reactors (1 carbon, 1 rowa). http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50034 . Tank Video here http://www.vimeo.com/2304609 and here http://www.vimeo.com/16591694
Old 11-02-2011, 07:57 AM
Gold Member

SeaHorse_Fanatic will become famous soon enough

Never place corals close enough to touch (just a good general rule). If you think it can sting, but aren't sure, just assume it will sting.

"Better safe than be wrong with a dead coral"
Old 11-02-2011, 11:50 AM

MMAX is on a distinguished road

Don't mean to hijack RCK, but I have been wondering about the same thing. I have a rose and a blue milli right next to each other. The rose seems to be growing twice as fast as the blue. Is there a battle going on between the two?
Old 11-02-2011, 03:24 PM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMAX View Post
Don't mean to hijack RCK, but I have been wondering about the same thing. I have a rose and a blue milli right next to each other. The rose seems to be growing twice as fast as the blue. Is there a battle going on between the two?

possible , but one thing is for sure is that corals fight for the room to grow and if to close as doug said something will win and when something wins theres a loser as well which usually dies or doesnt grow. always leave alot of room for corals to grow. when placing them in your tank consider 2 things : how easy are they to frag in case they grow to fast and how big they will get in the long run