Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal > Canreef Nano Contest 2012

Old 02-10-2013, 03:25 AM

Xadieu is on a distinguished road

The face on that blenny is classic lol too funny!
Old 02-10-2013, 04:10 PM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xadieu View Post
The face on that blenny is classic lol too funny!
Thanks, here's a few more of him. He likes to hide behind the red hornet zoas frag plug and (oddly enough) will scoop sand in his mouth and spit it out.

Here is pic's of my pom pom crab

This one was taken just before the sexy shrimp got evicted

Old 02-10-2013, 04:47 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Your blennie looks like he's on crack LOL
Old 02-10-2013, 04:58 PM

Xadieu is on a distinguished road

hahaha he looks too happy!
Old 02-10-2013, 06:57 PM

Duker is on a distinguished road

looks great, i love the tiny things too....they are some of my favorite things.

another fish that would do marvelous in your nano is the mexican red cap goby. Super awesome, small 2-3" max and really active scootin' around the rocks. I have one in my 75 and i love her. Looking for and finding her is very entertaining. And it being a goby, she would stand up for her self against the grumpy barnacle blennies. also have you thought of adding a couple more barnacle blennies to your single guy? they are pretty entertaining in a group, they naturally live in small groups in close proximity to each other.
But then again i also second the trimma suggestion....red spot trimmas or eviotas!

One last thing, IMO and experience at progressive reef (RIP ProReef) maxi mini anenomes are not clown fish friendly, not fish friendly at all. We would wonder why our baby clown fish numbers was going down with no bodies, no evidence of jumpers, no sump surfers and then i saw it with my own eyes...maxi mini's eating baby clowns.

Cheers Ronnie

75 gallon in-wall SPS dominant and some sweet zoas, attached 30 gallon refugium/seahorse tank, attached 15 gallon mangroves/bad boy tank/pod factory, 40 gallon sump.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kien View Post
Your blennie looks like he's on crack LOL
His eyes are supposed to be red, I swear the tons of putty used has nothing to do with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duker View Post
looks great, i love the tiny things too....they are some of my favorite things.

another fish that would do marvelous in your nano is the mexican red cap goby. Super awesome, small 2-3" max and really active scootin' around the rocks. I have one in my 75 and i love her. Looking for and finding her is very entertaining. And it being a goby, she would stand up for her self against the grumpy barnacle blennies. also have you thought of adding a couple more barnacle blennies to your single guy? they are pretty entertaining in a group, they naturally live in small groups in close proximity to each other.
But then again i also second the trimma suggestion....red spot trimmas or eviotas!

One last thing, IMO and experience at progressive reef (RIP ProReef) maxi mini anenomes are not clown fish friendly, not fish friendly at all. We would wonder why our baby clown fish numbers was going down with no bodies, no evidence of jumpers, no sump surfers and then i saw it with my own eyes...maxi mini's eating baby clowns.

Cheers Ronnie
The red cap gobies are cool but get a bit to big for a 2.5g. I also love trimmas but I have several already (including a red spot) in my 34g cube. Barnacle blennies are cool to watch in groups but they do fight amongst themselves and the tank is on the small side for a group of them. I do plan on adding a flaming prawn goby but I am having trouble tracking one down.

I know clownfish don't host maxi minis but I had figured it would be ok to keep them together. Unfortunately I learned the hard way that they aren't compatible (at all) when one of the maxi minis stung and killed the baby clownfish I had Which is why I ended up selling the maxi minis and turning the tank into a reef instead. I admit I really like how it looks now, however wallet prefers the way it was

Last edited by fishoholic; 02-10-2013 at 08:33 PM.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:43 PM

Started taking pics last night but for some odd reason the settings I had on my camera changed and I had a heck of a time trying to figure out how to get it back the way it was so the colour would show properly. I had started to figure it out when the battery started to die! So here's 2 FTS that are sort of close to the right colour, it's kinda in-between to two colours.

Old 02-14-2013, 01:14 PM

I've been busy cleaning this week as my friend is coming from Ontario for a visit but here is a bit of a closer pic of the bottom left side of the tank. Also happy to report that all the zoas are open and doing well since the sexy shrimp removal.

Old 02-14-2013, 01:19 PM
Banned

denny_CC is on a distinguished road

looking great miss laurie loving the zoers
Old 02-15-2013, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denny@conceptaquatics View Post
looking great miss laurie loving the zoers
Thanks I have to say I really like the way the tank looks now. I'll try to take and post more close up pic's of all the zoas next week. Also have to say it's amazing how much coral one can stuff into a very tiny tank when they try hard enough!

Last edited by fishoholic; 02-15-2013 at 01:09 PM.