Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > Alberta > Edmonton

Old 08-18-2011, 01:36 PM

ALang is on a distinguished road

Welcome to Edmonton!
Blue World will be hosting a Frag Meet Sept 11. You will meet a whole bunch of us reefers and salties there. Come early and mingle, and maybe pick up some items/equipment cheap to help start your SW tank. BBQ is free and we are all very friendly and nice.

Then we also have a group of us meet very informally every month to talk reef and eat breakfast/lunch. That's a great way of meeting people too.

Be sure to put on your name tag and say hi.
Would love to meet you.
Good luck with apartment hunting.
I second what Steve said about Sherwood Park. Love it here. BUT don't bother with the fish store here, go into Edmonton, instead.
Lenny.
Old 08-19-2011, 03:46 AM

Kevotron is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALang View Post
Welcome to Edmonton!
Blue World will be hosting a Frag Meet Sept 11. You will meet a whole bunch of us reefers and salties there. Come early and mingle, and maybe pick up some items/equipment cheap to help start your SW tank. BBQ is free and we are all very friendly and nice.

Then we also have a group of us meet very informally every month to talk reef and eat breakfast/lunch. That's a great way of meeting people too.

Be sure to put on your name tag and say hi.
Would love to meet you.
Good luck with apartment hunting.
I second what Steve said about Sherwood Park. Love it here. BUT don't bother with the fish store here, go into Edmonton, instead.
Lenny.
Funny you say that, I was just in sherwood park for work last week and had some "free time" so i went and checked out the pet store there.... noticed they finally had a salt water section albeit a small one, looked at what was in there found some brownish red mushrooms peered over @ the pricetag and it was 200+ $ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ya I definitely agree with Lenny, goto Edm for your fish needs if you do decide to live in the Park
Old 08-19-2011, 06:03 AM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

I grew up in duggan, still looks relitivly calm there. would I move back to edmonton... nope outlying area maybe but in reality alberta is much to cold for me now.. almost froze my %$&(s off when I was there in Jan.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 08-21-2011, 02:39 AM

Felix is on a distinguished road

Hi Welcome to Edmonton, Steve at Red Coral is correct Sherwood Park is great lower taxes that Edmonton or St Albert. An excellent sports community and superb Transit links to Edmonton.
Not that we are biased but a couple of us live in the park.

Make sure you come to the Reefer meeting, we are friendly and most dob't bite lol.

Felix