Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 02-10-2008, 07:47 PM

Zylumn is on a distinguished road

Looks great. Nice trailers. We have pulled around trailers for 20+ years and we have finally settled on a permanent location.

Camping is similar to Reefing. You start with a tent (20 g) then a tent trailer (65g) then a 19 ft with a new 3/4 ton truck (120 with MH and decent skimmer) then a 30 ft with a 1 ton dually diesel. (6' 230g with 400 mh's and that big Deltec and some nice Tangs).

When you get tired of pulling a trailer you get this
http://s168.photobucket.com/albums/u...t=trailer1.jpg
Kevin
Old 02-10-2008, 09:36 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zylumn View Post
Looks great. Nice trailers. We have pulled around trailers for 20+ years and we have finally settled on a permanent location.

Camping is similar to Reefing. You start with a tent (20 g) then a tent trailer (65g) then a 19 ft with a new 3/4 ton truck (120 with MH and decent skimmer) then a 30 ft with a 1 ton dually diesel. (6' 230g with 400 mh's and that big Deltec and some nice Tangs).

When you get tired of pulling a trailer you get this
http://s168.photobucket.com/albums/u...t=trailer1.jpg
Kevin
darn, I missed the 102. went strait from tent trailer to 3/4 ton diesel with 30 foot.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 02-11-2008, 03:18 PM

Murminator is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Murminator

Oh I forget something Chin here is a RV message board I assume you like message boards you can cruise there for info I know myself and Stir Crazy are members there also

http://www.rv.net/forum/

I reserve the right to hijack any thread I want to!!

My carbon footprint is bigger than your carbon footprint !!!!
Old 02-11-2008, 06:02 PM
Rest In Peace

Doug has disabled reputation

Sounds familar Kevin. We headed to the dealer for a tent trailer with our wagon. Ended up buying a 23ft 5th wheel. So then went and purchase a 1/2 ton.

The after a year or so, traded it in for a 28ft. but higher quality and heavy. Pulled it for a bit with the 1/2 ton and relized it was not enough, so purchased a 1 ton dually. Fully loaded to the hilt for $32000, by the way. Of course it was in '93.

Then after a few years, decided to sell it all and get a permant place. But we purchased a 2nd. home, near the National Park. First as a vacation place and then as a home after retiring. Of course thats all sold now and moved to the city.

We had full intentions of full timing but as medical costs, fuel, exchange rate and so on got higher, we changed our mind. Even had plans to buy a permant pad in an RV park on the Island, to use as a home base in the winter, in case we did not wish to go to the USA.

Still go to all the shows though and dream of days gone by and still think about selling it all and full timing.
Old 02-12-2008, 01:48 PM

Redrover is on a distinguished road
Cool Chin Lee

For myself I have gone from tenting to the soft top trailers, both these are a royal pain when it's raining. This came to an end when we stoped overnight at the summit on our way back from Vancouver to Calgary. Got up to 4ins. of snow...put everthing away wet, that is when I got my first travel trailer from there I have had four. Chin Lee this is my first 5th wheel...no trips yet, it's a 97, paid 10 grand..most the time it will be on my property up country, but will do some travelling.

RJ