Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 01-28-2014, 12:59 AM

daniella3d is on a distinguished road
Default Long tentacles plate coral

HI everyone.

I am posting this here because I got a question on my LTP coral in private message but since it was from Drewbrees713 as a guest, I cannot reply to him. Basicaly the person was asking if I still had my long tentacles plate and if so how do I care for it.

Yes I still have it and it's doing great. I have it for nearly 2 years. My tric to keep it healthy? First thing is not to have any hermit or shrimp that will thear the flesh of the coral. So all I have is one cleaner shrimp that it does not go in my coral much.

The second most important thing with these corals is feeding. I feed mine almost every day with PE mysis, and that thing eats like a pig each time. They really like to eat.

and third but not least, no picking fish. I have no fish that pick at it.

Also important is not to put it on anything abrasive like rock. I put mine on small grain sand when I got it and never moved it from its spot. It is at the bottom of my tank, in one of the corner, quite away from the light and it's doing great. It's now huge, double the original size, so about 7'' maybe.

It receive a gentle flow, nothing too strong, just so the tentacles are waving gently.

that's about it! Hope it help.