Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 08-06-2010, 02:58 AM

Seamazter is on a distinguished road
Default Banks are evil /// But I will fight.

Because of this thread
" My employer wont pay me. Now what can I do? "
I thought mine would be fitting.
Here is the letter I am taking into the bank tomorrow, with unsigned civil suit papers.

I gave them 700$ paid some bills and was refused my direct debit as they took the money already with the overdraft, then tried again to take it but was 10$ short, because they already took it with the overdraft.
+700
3 bills balance is 113.97
nsf reverse 126.86 due to insufficient funds.
account balance 240.82
nsf fee 42.50 balance is 198.32

Quote:
My intention is today is to collect my 42.50 I was wrongfully charged for NSF, and a letter to my debtor ‘INS’ that the NSF was a banking error.
Failing this I intend to file a civil suit to collect my lost 42.50 from the ‘atb’, as well as the following amount of $40.00 my debtor charges for NSF. I will also be charging $100.00 for my own time lost in recovering and repaying my debtor.
I require the names of the 3 tellers Brittany, Courtney and the original teller who accepted my deposit who assured me there would be “no problems” with the debit that was overdrawn on the holiday hours.
To be called as witnesses on the interactions with myself at the time of my transactions at the teller counter.
I also may if decided upon interview ATB clients upon exiting the bank on the public sidewalk or alleyway if they have had wrongfull NSF charges, and to tell my story to them regarding the fraudulent NSF issued to me by ATB forcing me to close my account, manually pay my debtor with the personal loss of 82.50, and 100$ minimum for my time spent collecting information and proceeding with the civil suit.
I will collect 1st names only as well as phone numbers if the party wishes to sign the attached survey form.
You may fix this today by issuing me a check for 42.50 and providing a letter to my debtor apologizing for the error on the bank behalf.
Old 08-06-2010, 04:35 AM

Llamarama is on a distinguished road

Banks ARE evil! boo-urns
hopefully you win. good luck!
Old 08-06-2010, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamarama View Post
boo-urns
Nice Simpsons quote.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:22 AM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

i had a student loan from the bank (cibc)years ago i paid them out of an inheritance the amount owing was roughly 7000 it was divided into two loans.i wrote two checks from my bank(rbc) one for 4000 and one for 3000 and brought them to cibc and paid off my loans.i checked and the money was taken out . 1 year later when i went to do my taxes they said they were going to keep my refund and when i asked they said for unpaid student loans. when i called they said they only recieved the 4000 check and not the 3000. my bank says they took both and can prove it when i called cibc to tell them this they said they merely act as a middle man handing off the money to the govt and arent responsible after it leaves their branch i spent over a year tracking it down with the help of my bank. still...... nothing. i called a laywer and he said going to court with banks are very tough and that i should cut my losses but will take the case if i want, me being young and stupid never went through with it if i had my time back i would have they robbed 3000 from me and didnt even try to help in the least little bit when i approached them with a problem......banks eh!!
Old 08-06-2010, 07:16 AM

whatcaneyedo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to whatcaneyedo

I've never heard anything positive about CIBC. Apparently they are the worse in the industry to work for and now I hear incompetent as well...

Old 120gal Tank Journal
New 225gal Tank Journal
May 2010 TOTM
The 10th Annual Prince George Reef Tank Tour
Old 08-06-2010, 02:20 PM

trilinearmipmap is on a distinguished road

My bank ripped my wife off for a bogus fee. She went to transfer her RRSP to another bank and they charged her a lot for it. They never mentioned this charge when she signed up for the RRSP in the first place.

I learned that you can not win when dealing with a bank. What a perfect business model. So I thought, if you can not beat them, join them. That is why my bank stock is the first stock I bought.
Herbie's silent overflow system
Jebao DC 12000 return pump
Jecod CP-40 Cross-flow circulation device
Mini Bubble King 180
Barr Aquatics calcium reactor
Bucket fuge
Old 08-06-2010, 04:52 PM

reefermadness is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamazter View Post
Because of this thread
" My employer wont pay me. Now what can I do? "
I thought mine would be fitting.
Here is the letter I am taking into the bank tomorrow, with unsigned civil suit papers.

I gave them 700$ paid some bills and was refused my direct debit as they took the money already with the overdraft, then tried again to take it but was 10$ short, because they already took it with the overdraft.
+700
3 bills balance is 113.97
nsf reverse 126.86 due to insufficient funds.
account balance 240.82
nsf fee 42.50 balance is 198.32
It is a nice attempt and great if it works but if it doesnt in the end you might be better off to accept your losses, b*tch some people out and move on to another bank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefwars View Post
i had a student loan from the bank (cibc)years ago i paid them out of an inheritance the amount owing was roughly 7000 it was divided into two loans.i wrote two checks from my bank(rbc) one for 4000 and one for 3000 and brought them to cibc and paid off my loans.i checked and the money was taken out . 1 year later when i went to do my taxes they said they were going to keep my refund and when i asked they said for unpaid student loans. when i called they said they only recieved the 4000 check and not the 3000. my bank says they took both and can prove it when i called cibc to tell them this they said they merely act as a middle man handing off the money to the govt and arent responsible after it leaves their branch i spent over a year tracking it down with the help of my bank. still...... nothing. i called a laywer and he said going to court with banks are very tough and that i should cut my losses but will take the case if i want, me being young and stupid never went through with it if i had my time back i would have they robbed 3000 from me and didnt even try to help in the least little bit when i approached them with a problem......banks eh!!
$3000 is a different story. I would have fought this one for sure. Even if I walked into a lawyers office and told him if he takes the case and wins he could keep the full $3000 and any damages, if he loses its pro bono....justice was probably possible and is far better then walking away. Hind sight is always 20/20 though right.

Last edited by reefermadness; 08-06-2010 at 04:55 PM.
Old 08-06-2010, 04:54 PM

Suppose i will not have to fight, the bank manager seen the error and refunded my 42.50 as well as notified my debtor this was a banking error and i should not be charged a NSF from them.
And I got my old account reopened with 6 months free service fees.

Suppose the threat of legal action and the fact that i was right helped here.
For anyone needing the same type of threat for banks or anyone.
Fill out this form, print it and hold it in your hand while your discussing the problem.
Works wonders.
http://www.albertacourts.ab.ca/pc/ci...ms/CTS1461.pdf

Last edited by Seamazter; 08-06-2010 at 04:57 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-06-2010, 04:57 PM

ponokareefer is on a distinguished road

Well, good luck. You're going to need it. A number of our clients have had issues with CIBC specifically, it never gets resolved, and CIBC really doesn't care what-so-ever. All I can say is, the squeaky wheel gets the most grease, so if you want some action, you're probably going to need to be really loud and obnoxious if they are unwilling to cooperate. This will get you a manager over a clerk, which should help your situation.
Old 08-06-2010, 05:05 PM

ponokareefer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamazter View Post
Suppose i will not have to fight, the bank manager seen the error and refunded my 42.50 as well as notified my debtor this was a banking error and i should not be charged a NSF from them.
And I got my old account reopened with 6 months free service fees.

Suppose the threat of legal action and the fact that i was right helped here.
For anyone needing the same type of threat for banks or anyone.
Fill out this form, print it and hold it in your hand while your discussing the problem.
Works wonders.
http://www.albertacourts.ab.ca/pc/ci...ms/CTS1461.pdf
I'm glad to hear it worked out for you.