Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 10-23-2015, 11:32 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancity View Post

Anyhoo, if said purchasers read this thread. Give Seth a break!
Ya. OH, and FO
Old 10-23-2015, 11:46 PM

GoFish is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
Ya. OH, and FO
Lol, the voice of wisdom. We don't really know what they said though do we. Something lawyers love to say, "speculation your honour!"
Old 10-24-2015, 01:42 AM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Lol, the voice of wisdom. We don't really know what they said though do we. Something lawyers love to say, "speculation your honour!"
Ya, maybe they have no desire to have fish. Probably just think the tank is worth big bucks and hope to recoup some costs.
Old 10-24-2015, 05:25 AM

maron6977 is on a distinguished road

I bought a house once , came with a hot tub. But they drained it before I took possession .
My opinion : they're buying hardware - tank , plumbing etc. No Contents !!!
Old 10-26-2015, 03:52 AM

Seth81 is on a distinguished road

I personally think that is a fair and reasonable expectation! However in my dealings with these people they have shown that they are far from reasonable. They wanted me to remove all of the rock hardscape from my back yard. Including the 4 foot high boulder retaining wall that the developer put in because it was a necessity.

I guess we will see what happens. They are suppose to take possession on the 30th.

I personally hope they just sell it to someone who will actually appreciate all the hard work that went into to designing the tank and building it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maron6977 View Post
I bought a house once , came with a hot tub. But they drained it before I took possession .
My opinion : they're buying hardware - tank , plumbing etc. No Contents !!!
Old 10-26-2015, 04:06 AM

Perhaps I should have picked a more anonymous user name

Oh and to answer Brads question, no they have not explicitly responded to me informing them that I already removed the live stock.

They did try to get me to sign an amendment stating that the aquarium would be left as it was the day they saw it, which I did not sign.

Quote:
I mean this in the sincerest of ways. Keep in mind you're posting on a public forum.
I am totally on your side here. Just know that canreef is a very public site and said purchasers may decide to look into what it actually takes to setup and keep a saltwater aquarium running. You never know where they might look.
Defence lawyers looooove social media. Facebook as an example has won and lost many court cases in recent history

Anyhoo, if said purchasers read this thread. Give Seth a break! They were his pets and he did what he thought was best for them. There are many fish in the sea and we will help you with whatever you need! As long as you dont introduce yourselves as this couple...kidding

Good luck with how this turns out Seth, and your new house with your new tank!
Old 10-26-2015, 04:46 AM
Just a guy..

Honestly, I think the only legal requirement is to leave anything that is fixed to the house. Tank and attached plumbing only. I would remove everything else. I would expect any (good) real estate lawyer to tell you exactly that.
Old 10-30-2015, 10:07 PM

Just to update:

Purchasers came to the home yesterday to do a prepossession walk through. Previously I had the tank off; lighting, return pump skimmer pump, ATO ... all off. All the live rock I moved to the SW mixing tank which had a heater and powerhead running. I turned everything on the morning, and I guess the water in the SW mixing tank dropped a bit exposing a bit of the live rock to air, and it caused a bit of a smell!

Anyways the purchasers were all ****ed off that 1. The sump and mixing tanks were left (plumbed through the house) and 2. The smell of the live rock

So last night at 8 pm we get an email requesting us to remove the sump and the mixing tank. We explained that that equipment is part of the Aquarium system and then they changed their request to remove the rocks and drain the water (175 Gallons + 150 lbs of live rock) with 4 hours till we don't own the house anymore!!

Anyways my wife and I basically said F these people ,and today all the funds were transferred. So yeah, these people have been a treat to deal with! I should have drained the SW tank and sump and let all that live rock stink up the whole house! Hey its what they wanted right?