Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 09-13-2010, 04:49 AM

Llamarama is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastlight View Post
Sweet lord where did you get those pants I want!?

my fiancee got them for christmas so I have no idea where they came from...but they're the comfiest pajama pants ever so I steal them a lot
Old 09-13-2010, 04:51 AM

Quick update pics to follow once I retrieve my camera from my car tomorrow...

overflow is done and in, plumbing is about 90% done (yay!) rock is still curing but the tank should be ready for water in a couple days and I can start moving things my fishies will all be so happy with the extra space!!
Old 09-28-2010, 04:38 AM

Default F@&#!

well its been a good few weeks...filled the tank got the plumbing all going, discovered a small leak near the top of the tank in one of the corners grr fixed that....got everything transferred over no cycle everything was great...picked up my gorgeous LTA from Denny and everything seemed to be thriving today I looked over at my tank and was so so excited to see my clowns in the LTA (they're tank bred and kinda slow) so I sat down in front of the tank to watch the action and F@&# one of my fish has ich spots on him /cry FML never had ich in my tank before so stress from the move must have had some effect...so it looks like i'm setting up the 2 25g tanks for QT and meds for 6-8 weeks while it dies off in the DT.....ugh hopefully this all works out wish me luck! at least it gives me room to aquascape

oh yeah forgot to mention that on monday last week, hubby dropped the light fixture in the tank and electrocuted himself (luckly none of the fish) *shakes fist* so we had to go to calgary to get a new light fixture on the weekend and now i need to find ich meds somewhere AAARGH thats 3 right? bad things always in 3...hopefully
Old 09-28-2010, 06:02 AM

lockrookie is on a distinguished road

when i got ich with my regal i used a product called rid ich in the display tank worked great as long as you dose corectly i kinda under dosed the first time and had to have a do ever but havent seen ich since

50g custom daycare tank...
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=65428
Old 09-28-2010, 03:10 PM

hm well i have a bottle of rid ich + but i'm not about to toss it in the display, the back says not to and it's formalin so i'll probably end up pulling the fish out and see how that goes. thanks though

"Rid Ich may harm some invertebrates including "live rock" and may not be safe to use in aquariums containing these animals" scares me a bit :S
Old 09-29-2010, 11:50 PM

Well the tank just blew a seam all the way to the bottom. Fish and such are distributed between the sump and 2 other tanks o had sitting empty. What a horrible couple of weeks /cry I quit for now
Old 09-30-2010, 04:51 AM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

wow talk about bad luck if theres anything i can do dont be afraid to ask im gonna be coming down to calgary soon and i may drop in to see the new tank
Old 09-30-2010, 05:04 AM

no worries we got it covered...I think we're gonna pick up a 50 or 75 and just keep all the stuff we really really love...it's been a rough couple weeks would be good for you to stop in for sure though!
Old 09-30-2010, 12:45 PM

fishytime will become famous soon enough

Oh no Girly.......man you really have had a bad run of luck!......keep your chin up.....at least you managed to save your stuff
260g mixed reef, 105g sump, water blaster 7000 return, Bubble King SM 300 skimmer, Aqua Controller Jr, 4 radions, 3 Tunze 6055s,1 tunze 6065, 2 Vortech MP40s, Vortech MP20, Tunze ATO, GHL SA2 doser, 2 TLF reactors (1 carbon, 1 rowa). http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50034 . Tank Video here http://www.vimeo.com/2304609 and here http://www.vimeo.com/16591694
Old 10-16-2010, 09:45 PM

Ok! Picked up my new (to me) tank in Calgary today! Hooray! It's not too purdy but it will work for now! Good thing that came fro this was that I caught all my fishies and started treating them and nobody died and my floor isn't ruined just lucky we were home when it happened. Pics to come over the next couple days as I get it filled with rocks and water and whatnot