Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-06-2010, 04:50 AM

Llamarama is on a distinguished road
Talking Llamarama's 100g build *Updated Oct 20*

hiya, I've been trolling this forum for far too long but i've learned tons and met many awesome people and now its time to share my tank build! we started off with a 25g and are now in the process of upgrading to a 100g...we picked up the tank in calgary from a guy working overseas who let all the water evaporate and everything died so the rock was in rough shape but its been curing in a rubbermaid for about a month and a half now and hopefully we'll start seeing some progress soon. the tank is 60 x 20 x 20 ish and came with a coralife super skimmer 125 and a tunze 9005 with a broken magnetic impeller we picked up a used Remora Pro for now and have plans to fix the tunze and maybe run both. Tank was not drilled but hubby drilled all 4 holes yesterday (2 for herbie in rear of tank, and 2 returns) still need to build an overflow. plumbing and quietone 5000 were recieved from J&L yesterday as well. Painted the back of the tank today hoping to have it plumbed etc... by the end of the week to start getting things moved over rock or not I have about 30lbs of rock in m 25g as well as about 35 lbs running in my sump that i got from a friend (marine apprentice/Terry). I think it will still be some time before my rubbermaid rock is suitable to be in the tank but we will see anyway i picked up a 40ish gallon sump from reefwars(Denny) in edmonton and we should be up and running by next weekend with any luck! thanks for reading! now heres some pictures

siamese cat fish

the tank (it fits so nice in my living room )

The rock

The rock again

some pictures of my lil tank

and my girls, because i have to include them somewhere :P (Zooey and Cooper)

will try to get some pics of the plumbing and paint soon

thanks for looking
Deidre

Last edited by Llamarama; 10-21-2010 at 05:07 AM.