Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > British Columbia

Old 12-06-2015, 12:03 AM

Phormium is on a distinguished road
Default So far

Well so far not so good actually. The Orchid Dendros still have no sign of polyp extension whatsoever. I'm obviously hoping that changes soon. I might try tempting them out with a feeding attempt. The Ultra Blue Lobo was at first very blue but has already lost that and is now purple. I'm hoping this is just a light intensity or location issue as I would really want the blue color back. I have it on the sand bed for now in a slightly shady area. Advice or thoughts appreciated...
Old 12-06-2015, 12:13 AM

DAVE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phormium View Post
Well so far not so good actually. The Orchid Dendros still have no sign of polyp extension whatsoever. I'm obviously hoping that changes soon. I might try tempting them out with a feeding attempt. The Ultra Blue Lobo was at first very blue but has already lost that and is now purple. I'm hoping this is just a light intensity or location issue as I would really want the blue color back. I have it on the sand bed for now in a slightly shady area. Advice or thoughts appreciated...
Hey Phormium,

Try turning your lights out just a few hours earlier and the dendros. Lobo move a little more back into to a cave like area or off to the side for a bit and then back out into more light gradually.

Keep me posted

Dave
Old 12-06-2015, 12:23 AM

Default Thanks

Thanks Dave for fast reply.
I think your dendro sentence got cut off...? How much light were you keeping them in?
I will move the Lobo into an even shadier area for a few days and do a more gradual move into the light.
Did you get any new stock this week?
Old 12-06-2015, 02:23 PM

DAVE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phormium View Post
Thanks Dave for fast reply.
I think your dendro sentence got cut off...? How much light were you keeping them in?
I will move the Lobo into an even shadier area for a few days and do a more gradual move into the light.
Did you get any new stock this week?
Dendrow were kept in very low light. Polyp extension is seen more at night then daytime which is typical of a dendro. Just try turning your lights off a few hours earlier for the next few days and target feed them

Keep me posted
Dave
Old 12-08-2015, 12:43 AM

Default Not yet

No sign of polyp extension yet. I moved them under an overhang. I am going to try target feeding in isolation. I thought Dendros were out mainly during the day, if not at least I've read you can train them onto daytime feeding, supposedly.