Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 06-27-2014, 01:21 AM

tlhood is on a distinguished road
Default Nem emergency

I came home today to find that one of my snails/hermits knocked my largest frag of pink birdsnest into my anemone. I found the birdsnest frag and all its flesh is pretty much gone, and it's pretty much toast. I noticed, however, that there are now tears around the oral disc of my nem (pointy birsnest). The tears are about the size of pencil erasers, and circle about half of the mouth.

Is this a recoverable injury, or should I cancel going out of town for the long weekend to deal with a dead nem?
Old 06-27-2014, 08:10 AM

bsung413 is on a distinguished road

I have my anemone arms got chew up by power head once, half of it was gone but the mouth is still good and it's foot is still attach

The concern will prob be can your anemone still eats? And is it still attach to something?

If yes, I wouldn't worry too much but try feeding little often for the first few weeks.

That what I did and within 2 months my anemone is back to original, bad news is it started to move around again once it recovered from injury

And another time which happened two weeks ago in my nano tank, GBTA wonder around and get himself on to my heater, when I discover it was already too late. Though he didn't get lots damage like my last anemone but his foot was burned. I get him out put it in QT, next morning he just pass away

Good luck!!
Old 07-02-2014, 09:02 PM

tlhood is on a distinguished road

Good news is that the nem healed. Yay! I was super worried about it, even though I had a tank sitter, so I came home a day early.

Now it is all healed, except I noticed that where the rip was, now the side of a tentacle that was also pierced is fused into the oral disk, so that it sticks horizontal across the mouth. doesn't seem to be causing any issues though, and the nem is accepting food and puffing up during the day.

What a pain in the butt.
Old 07-03-2014, 03:22 PM

pinkreef is on a distinguished road