Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-08-2008, 11:50 PM

Duffer2 is on a distinguished road
Default Dave's 120 Custom Starphire Reef Setup

My custom tank setup…

Hey folks, I have been a stalker on this site for about 1.5 years and it is time to post some pics of my setup. My tank is nice and stable so I am finally ready to start cramming it with coral in the next month. I suck with my camera so you will have to forgive some of the pictures.

I moved into this house in August and had some plumbing put in that allowed for a fish room in the basement. Albert from Golds helped me (well, more then helped…) with the plumbing (big thanks). Here's what I have:

Tank: 48x20x28 - 3 side Starphire custom tank with a cabinet made by the home builder to match. Tank has a built in herbie overflow (runs totally silent). 2 tunze 6100’s on a multicontroler. Very typical rock wall aquascaping which I would love to redo in the future…

Sump: 60x24x24 – 3 areas – 1 for equipment, 1 for live rock, and 1 for my sea horse’s, pipefish and slow swimmers.

Equipment: Bubble Master Skimmer, ATO top off, 48” Solaris H lights, Iwaki 70rt pump, 2-6100 tunze’s, multicontroler, 2 el’cheapo heaters.

I have too many fish, but I can’t help myself (tang overcrowding police need not continue in this thread). I actually tried to get a few of my least favorite fish out only to be outsmarted by them.

This tank is actually the product of 2 tanks combined into 1. My original 78g bowfront from my old house, and a guy who I met at a local fish store who offered his entire setup to me for a fraction of what he put into it. So have a look….

Tank is in the middle of my main floor so I really want it to look good in the future:

The Fish room in the basement:

It's been fun.... now I just have to get of a whole bunch of corals.