Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Krakens Reef

Old 06-09-2014, 12:48 PM
Vendor

Kraken is on a distinguished road

Yup. Get your numbers in to me as soon as possible so I can make sure I have enough for everybody =)
Old 06-09-2014, 03:12 PM

monocus is on a distinguished road
Default berghia

so anybody in the gvrd who wants berghia pm me by thursday to arrange for shipping.i can hold the berghia in my berghia tanks and keep them fed until pickup
Old 06-10-2014, 12:54 AM

monocus is on a distinguished road
Default berghia

order so far:
monocus-12
slyguy00-5
Old 06-10-2014, 01:54 AM

bsung413 is on a distinguished road

Yo! Sorry I been busy today. But I will let you know tomorrow how many I need'

Thanks
Old 06-12-2014, 12:34 PM
Vendor

Okay guys! Everyone who is interested in getting in on the Berghia, just send me a pm with how many you want. These will be shipped out on Monday so please let me know Saturday Latest! Only have around 25 left!
Old 06-14-2014, 01:05 AM

Bugger is an unknown quantity at this point

I bought 10 of these in January of 2014 since that time I have only seen one grown adult and two babies. My aptaisa is still present after six month. These things have a gut the size of grain of sand and just one anemones is enough to feed one for days. Many people have tried these things but few report success. I have heard others with a simulair experiance to mine Mine probally ended up in a power head. I even used course foam pad to prevent them from getting down my overflo. 20 dollars for a small bug is a rip off. Just one 5 dollar pepperment shrimp would put a whole group of these things to shame. I put no faith in this creature nothing but disappointments. Sorry for being a Debbie downer but its a forum.
Old 06-14-2014, 01:12 AM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugger View Post
I bought 10 of these in January of 2014 since that time I have only seen one grown adult and two babies. My aptaisa is still present after six month. These things have a gut the size of grain of sand and just one anemones is enough to feed one for days. Many people have tried these things but few report success. I have heard others with a simulair experiance to mine Mine probally ended up in a power head. I even used course foam pad to prevent them from getting down my overflo. 20 dollars for a small bug is a rip off. Just one 5 dollar pepperment shrimp would put a whole group of these things to shame. I put no faith in this creature nothing but disappointments. Sorry for being a Debbie downer but its a forum.
Thats unfortunate to hear. Could you let me know more about your system? For instance, what kind of livestock, how big the tank was..how did you introduce the berghia? Also how much liverock do you have?

The Berghia's are very delicate creatures so you really have to make sure you introduce them right and really have to let them settle in so they can get comfortable and hide in your live rock. Also, how big were your berghia's?

As for your claims of the berghia not being effective...I really beg to differ. Im making a video right now to show how fast they consume aiptasia. Naturally if you have 2 in a 200 gallon then its going to take a long time for them to populate. These guys work best in numbers, where they can spawn and its their babies that wipe out the aiptasia. Not the initial ones, although they are very effective as well.

Last edited by Kraken; 06-14-2014 at 01:19 AM.
Old 06-14-2014, 02:01 AM

Slyguy00 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugger View Post
Peppermint shrimp are 50/50 for eating aptasia. They are also know to eat acans and some lps. Mine ate my acans. Sorry but id way rather get berghias. Clearly you had some bad luck.
Old 06-14-2014, 02:37 PM

LoJack is on a distinguished road

Yup, or didn't do the homework and have a fish that likes to eat them. I've heard of tons of success with Berghia.
Old 06-14-2014, 03:08 PM

Bugger is an unknown quantity at this point

Sure they eat acans but you can move those to the sump . They only eat aptisia if you starve the shrimp. comparing that slug to the peppermint shrimp is like comparing a Jar Jar binks to an Empire Walker. Like a skate board to a Mercedes. Here is my tank http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/sho...d.php?t=101746
I have no wrasses or anything that would eat the slug
If you do a search on other forums you will find that my bad luck is shared by many other people that tried them.

Tags
aiptasia, berghia, infestation, kraken, nudibranch