Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Krakens Reef

Old 06-09-2014, 01:15 AM

Miss Kraken is on a distinguished road
Default Group Sale!: Berghia Nudibranchs (for your aiptasia problems)

Hey everyone, Fiona here!

Got an annoying aiptasia problem and chemical dosing, peppermint shrimp, copperband butterflys, blah blah blah, not working? We got just what you need - Berghia Nudibranchs!

Mother Nature's natural solution for these pests is the Berghia Nudibranch as they are:
  • small in size (1" - 1.5") and can fit through any crack and crevice in your tank
  • eats only aiptasia and nothing else (as mentioned above)
  • breeds like rabbits in a balanced tank with ample food source (aiptasia!) and adequate hiding spaces
  • very little bioload
  • reef and fish safe
  • will eat any sized aiptasia (even the ones you've been "nurturing" over the years)
For those in desperate relief of their aiptasia infestation, Kraken is carrying these suckers for a limited time of $20 each! When you purchase 4, your 5th one is FREE!

Shipping is $40 across Canada.

Please send in your orders by Friday, through pm or email!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UPJs...ature=youtu.be

Before and After footage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGFO-...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by Kraken; 06-15-2014 at 01:44 AM.
Old 06-09-2014, 03:31 AM

bsung413 is on a distinguished road

Anyone in Vancouver area who are interested and wants to get it together to save a few bucks on shipping?
Old 06-09-2014, 03:36 AM

Slyguy00 is on a distinguished road

id be in on at least 2-4
Old 06-09-2014, 03:42 AM

Timbits is on a distinguished road

May be in as well tagging along
Old 06-09-2014, 06:08 AM

bsung413 is on a distinguished road

Great!

We will wait till tomorrow and see if there are anymore person who wants to join!

Then we can organize this
Old 06-09-2014, 06:39 AM
Jedi Master Reefer

Wheelman76 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyguy00 View Post
id be in on at least 2-4
I wouldn't go with any less than 4 in a tank your size Nick , maybe even 5 or 6. They need to be able to find each other to breed. The ones that you buy won't do a lot for your aptasia problem , it's the babies that are the real ferocious eaters. So going the Berghia route works great but can take a couple months before you start to notice a difference. I also wouldn't recommend using Berghia unless you have quite a few aptasia , because if the tank is too big and you don't have many aptasia they will starve to death before they can find the aptasia to feed on.

Here's a good read about Berghia and I would suggest anyone whos considering ordering Berghia to check it out so you know what to expect and how many you should order.

http://www.saltyunderground.com/pages.php?pID=23
Old 06-09-2014, 06:41 AM
Vendor

Kraken is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelman76 View Post
I wouldn't go with any less than 4 in a tank your size Nick , maybe even 5 or 6. They need to be able to find each other to breed. The ones that you buy won't do a lot for your aptasia problem , it's the babies that are the real ferocious eaters. So going the Berghia route works great but can take a couple months before you start to notice a difference. I also wouldn't recommend using Berghia unless you have quite a few aptasia , because if the tank is too big and you don't have many aptasia they will starve to death before they can find the aptasia to feed on.

Here's a good read about Berghia and I would suggest anyone whos considering ordering Berghia to check it out so you know what to expect and how many you should order.

He speaks the truth. Thats why when I introduced my bergia, I used a seperator box and put rocks with aiptasia in it. The top of the box is above the water level so the berghia are safe from predation and will find eachother easily (especially in a big tank). Ill show you guys my setup >=D

I had zoanthids that had aiptasias in them too so I just put them into the box to clear them off first and its very easy for the berghia to find as well.
Old 06-09-2014, 07:22 AM
Jedi Master Reefer

Wheelman76 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
He speaks the truth. Thats why when I introduced my bergia, I used a seperator box and put rocks with aiptasia in it. The top of the box is above the water level so the berghia are safe from predation and will find eachother easily (especially in a big tank). Ill show you guys my setup >=D

I had zoanthids that had aiptasias in them too so I just put them into the box to clear them off first and its very easy for the berghia to find as well.
Great idea !! I'd like to see pics
Old 06-09-2014, 07:55 AM

Slyguy00 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelman76 View Post

Thanks for the info jess! I guess ill have to get a couple more for sure.
Old 06-09-2014, 08:43 AM

monocus is on a distinguished road
Default berghia

great ,i was going to do a group buy to salty underground,but i guess you are just as good(better shipping price)

Tags
aiptasia, berghia, infestation, kraken, nudibranch