Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 03-09-2010, 03:59 PM

Clay&Chey is on a distinguished road
Default Have any of you watched the documentary "The Cove"

I downloaded the torrent file for the documentary "The Cove" last night and watched it this morning. Its about the dolphin slaughter in Japan. All I can say is wow that probably wrecked my day. Its very informative. If that's a developed nations policy on a world recognized environmental catastrophe. Basically denial, bribery and subterfuge. Then really the outlook for our oceans is really sh*tty. If you get the chance watch it. It sure has made me realize mankind isn't anywhere near to being the smartest species on this planet not by a long shot. We're just the best at destroying it.

Tek light 8 bulb fixture, tunze nano wave box, vortech mp-20, rowaspas reactor, carbon, hydor preformer 600 skimmer, quiet one 6000 return
Old 03-09-2010, 04:39 PM

skwestle is on a distinguished road

I think it is a must see for most people. It sure opened my eyes to just a small percentage of what is really going on
Old 03-09-2010, 10:58 PM

freerider is on a distinguished road

i ordered it when it first came on Shaw on demand, Amazing, i always heard things here and there about what was going on there but i had no idea it was to that extent. I had to get all my friends to watch it. It makes me feel sick to the stomach that humans can actually do something like that. Ive been on a documentary Tangent lately and they're are some really really good ones out there. Seeing them dolphins being herded like cattle into a cove to be slaughtered makes me wish someones would turn them fisherman into some nice shark bait, maybe for the great whites so we can see some more awsome breaching during shark week.
my girlfriend worked for billabong is Australia and she was saying the whole surfing community out there is trying to spread the word and do something about it. at least someone is trying to do something.
A must watch for sure
Old 03-09-2010, 11:01 PM
Moved on

OceanicCorals-Ian- is on a distinguished road

I honestly can't get myself to watch that, it makes me hurt to know that people are capable of such things....
Old 03-09-2010, 11:09 PM

Tek light 8 bulb fixture, tunze nano wave box, vortech mp-20, rowaspas reactor, carbon, hydor preformer 600 skimmer, quiet one 6000 return

Last edited by Clay&Chey; 03-09-2010 at 11:11 PM.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:11 PM

you should watch it just avoid the last 15min. To hear some of Japans reasons for continued killing of dolphins and whales. a couple are... pest control, also whales and dolphins are the real reason our depleted fish stocks so getting rid of them will save the oceans. For one of the world leading "developed nations" to act like that is depressing cause it'll be our children s children who will never get to see a whale/dolphin in the wild. But at least they'll be plenty of fish left once we get rid of those greedy dolphins, whales ... eating all our fish the nerve