Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal > Canreef Nano Tank Build Contest #1

Old 11-26-2008, 10:28 PM

sphelps is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketlily View Post
This would mean that we could take out and replace stock anytime we wanted?
Yeap I think we established that is OK
Old 11-26-2008, 10:32 PM

ElGuappo is on a distinguished road

Good to know thank you .
72 Gallon Bowfront Reef.. Hardware:2x250w Luminex Elite HQI Reflectors (Phoenix Hexarc Bulbs), Galaxy 2x250w Electronic ballast, Euroreef 130 Skimmer, Sedra KSP 7000 Retern... Live Stock: Pair of Hawaiian Flame Wrasse, Leopard Wrasse, Pink Streaked Wrasse, Pair True Percula Clowns, Potters Angel, African Flameback Angel, Orange Fin Tomini Tang, Yellow Assessor, Tailspot Blenny, Purple Firefish..

45 G FW Asain Barb Community tank.

Old 11-26-2008, 10:49 PM

superduperwesman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketlily View Post
This would mean that we could take out and replace stock anytime we wanted?
Sure why not? It happens in non contest life all the time? As long as it's not some kinda in and out scam that doesn't simulate real life at all... and people will know and then I'm sure they'll have some words for you, but otherwise I don't see why not??

I mean you could "take something out" when it really died but that's not being honest... just use your best judgment. I think you can generally tell what's acceptable.

What if my other tank crashes and I quickly have to throw a fish few fish in my nano for a few days while I get things sorted out and they die... do I have to deduct them from my budget?? We can simulate a thousand scenarios but I think you just to the best you can to be honest and fair
Old 11-26-2008, 11:28 PM

Just wondering about things like frags/offspring that we can sell/trade out of our tanks???

if i sell some thing like a frag that has grown out of my tank or say baby shrimp can i reintroduce that money back into my tank without it counting against my budget?

The reason i ask is i have noticed my zoas quite rapidly as there is already at least 3-4 new polyps on 1 frag. also i have noticed my sexies and bumble shrimp listen to "Barry White" fairly often ( had no idea they had little nano cd players for shrimp).

Also if frags/offspring are sold/traded within the contest then obviously we would be able to adjust prices accordingly even if the sale was less or more than the original cost.

If frags/offspring are sold/traded outside the contest would we be able to leave our budget as adjusted presale and introduce the "sale money/ new frag" to our tanks under no penalty with records of sale?

Figured i would ask now before its an issue. main reason i ask is i dont know if they are all hithers or what but my snail population seems to be rising exponentially.
72 Gallon Bowfront Reef.. Hardware:2x250w Luminex Elite HQI Reflectors (Phoenix Hexarc Bulbs), Galaxy 2x250w Electronic ballast, Euroreef 130 Skimmer, Sedra KSP 7000 Retern... Live Stock: Pair of Hawaiian Flame Wrasse, Leopard Wrasse, Pink Streaked Wrasse, Pair True Percula Clowns, Potters Angel, African Flameback Angel, Orange Fin Tomini Tang, Yellow Assessor, Tailspot Blenny, Purple Firefish..

Old 11-27-2008, 01:31 AM

scholar is on a distinguished road

i would say no to this due to the fact that it could cause the budget to be endless. on nano-reef it was shot down instanly
Old 11-27-2008, 01:33 AM

JDigital is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to JDigital

No sales from the tank...

62G Starfire Reef. Started Jan 2013 http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=89988
Old 11-27-2008, 01:51 AM

sphelps is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDigital View Post
No sales from the tank...
I'm confused. So you can take livestock out of your tank and deduct from the budget but you can't sell it. What should you do with it?
Old 11-27-2008, 02:44 AM

Scythanith is on a distinguished road

I agree with jDigital. Take it out of the tank if it doesn't fit into the theme and remove it from the budget. But if it's sick or it dies in tank or if you frag some and try to sell it it should not go back to your budget. Good for you if your tank is doing that well already that you're becoming overrun with corals but that shouldn't mean you get money back into your budget.

There are just to many variables being introduced to the rules and no one will know what's allowable or not.

Steve, you can sell it, but you can't claim that in your budget. You'll still have money in your pocket.

It seems people are just "trying" to make this difficult. Wes's post 5 above this one sums it up nicely I think. I like the "just use your best judgment" & "honest and fair". Common sense people.
Old 11-27-2008, 02:46 AM

Scythanith is on a distinguished road

ElGuappo, I dig the red acro on the right of the first picture!
Old 11-27-2008, 03:37 AM

See now wasnt it better to get that out of the way now!!!!!!!

Thanks for the comments