Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 07-17-2011, 02:07 PM

dynamite is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKLKT View Post
I personally find that conches do a way better job of sand cleaning than Nassarius snails ever do and you don't need that many.
I only have a Coanch and he's always under my sandbed urggg... LOL

UPDATE:

today I did a 30% water change, I dosed one ampule of Biodigest and one of Biotim. One of my friends gave me his Elegance Coral that wasn't doing good in his tank and was closed and it's starting to open in my tank He actually opens more at night that during the day. He's under 4 T5's and he'll probably be under them for a month (until I get ATI fixture), I have a MH fixture with two 250w 14k bulbs and 4t5's but it gets WAYYYY TO HOT! so since last year I've been only using the t5's. Will the elegance coral be doing fine under the 4 T5's or should I turn on the MH? I saw some posts when people had them under 4 T5's.

Observations:

I didn't have to clean my front glass at all
I added a small CUC but the sand was WHITE!!!! For the 1st time in ages my sand was white after a week lol
I'll test my nitrates and Phosphates when I come back from work and I'll also post pictures
Old 07-17-2011, 02:19 PM

daniella3d is on a distinguished road

I would add more good porous liverock into your tank as I think there is not enough for the filtration you need. It seems from the photo that you don't have much of it. I would add some totally cured totoka or other very porous liverock so that denitrification can take place in your tank and your nitrates would be lower. You could put some macro algae as well to feed on the nitrates.
Old 07-18-2011, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniella3d View Post
I would add more good porous liverock into your tank as I think there is not enough for the filtration you need. It seems from the photo that you don't have much of it. I would add some totally cured totoka or other very porous liverock so that denitrification can take place in your tank and your nitrates would be lower. You could put some macro algae as well to feed on the nitrates.
Oh well, I never had any problem with nitrates before, I even had less rock than now and it was all base rock LOL, my problems started when I decided to go away for long vacations.
I even saw tanks with less rock than mine, like the japanese tanks, they have the minimal ammount of LR and I really ike the Minimalist aquascape and the open look, well in the future everything will be cover with corals, I may add some more LR but I'm not sure about it.

I checked my Nitrates and they're at 25ppm
Phosphates 0.05ppm

A few pictures.

Sorry for the quality The pictures were taken with my iphone.
Old 07-25-2011, 02:42 AM

Update:

Today I did a 20% WC, I dosed an ampule of Biodigest and one of Biotim and added some Microbakter 7.

I'm so Happy with Prodibio It's my 3rd week and Nitrates are at 10ppm!!!!!!!!!! Water is clear, I only clean my front glass once a week, sand is pristine white! This is a dream LOOOL I can't wait to start seeing more changes

Last edited by dynamite; 07-25-2011 at 02:51 AM.