Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 08-16-2008, 10:01 PM
Staff

christyf5 is on a distinguished road

So its true, you guys don't read my stickies! And after all the effort I put into posting them.....*sigh*

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.
Old 08-16-2008, 10:04 PM

JDigital is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to JDigital

Quote:
Originally Posted by christyf5 View Post
So its true, you guys don't read my stickies! And after all the effort I put into posting them.....*sigh*

I read SOME... I read the "Please Read Before Voting!!!!!!" but completely missed the "two pages" one.

62G Starfire Reef. Started Jan 2013 http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=89988
Old 08-16-2008, 11:58 PM

wickedfrags is on a distinguished road

I think it is unfair to have anonymous ratings for a vendor. Customers should be held accountable for their actions and comments (as should vendors of course). I could easily coordinate to have inaccurate feeback left for vendors/competitors which would be unfair and potentially negatively impact their reputation.

How can I review who has left feedback for me???
Old 08-17-2008, 12:49 AM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedfrags.com View Post
I think it is unfair to have anonymous ratings for a vendor. Customers should be held accountable for their actions and comments (as should vendors of course). I could easily coordinate to have inaccurate feeback left for vendors/competitors which would be unfair and potentially negatively impact their reputation.

If you feel that there has been unfair voting, please contact a staff member. We can review who voted and how they voted. We will be continually monitoring this section for just this type of abuse, and should we see multiple votes from the same IP/posting computer, they will be removed.
If multiple members live in such a location as to share their computer, they will need to average their vote. Abuse of this section will result in it's removal from the board, with no further vendor ratings offered.
Old 08-17-2008, 01:06 AM

Snappy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
If you feel that there has been unfair voting, please contact a staff member. We can review who voted and how they voted. We will be continually monitoring this section for just this type of abuse, and should we see multiple votes from the same IP/posting computer, they will be removed.
If multiple members live in such a location as to share their computer, they will need to average their vote. Abuse of this section will result in it's removal from the board, with no further vendor ratings offered.
I like the idea but a rating system with no customer accountability is not very reliable making it too easy for people to be unfair while hiding behind their anonymity. For example the mods would have no idea who bought something from whatever vendor or if they even did. As an example of this I've had one negative rating so far but in actuallity I have never had any customer tell me of any complaint after their purchase that wasn't resolved to their satisfaction.

Greg
Old 08-17-2008, 03:15 AM

Zoaelite is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snappy View Post
I like the idea but a rating system with no customer accountability is not very reliable making it too easy for people to be unfair while hiding behind their anonymity. For example the mods would have no idea who bought something from whatever vendor or if they even did. As an example of this I've had one negative rating so far but in actuallity I have never had any customer tell me of any complaint after their purchase that wasn't resolved to their satisfaction.
Greg just because you have never had a customer tell you that they were unsatisfied with your services doesn't automaticly that there are none (Even though in my experiences you were fantastic ). I mean really your at 15 VERY satisfied customers to 1 unsatisfied, this polling system is just what you need. In actuality its weeding out bad vendors which leaves you with more buisness right?
Levi
Old 08-17-2008, 03:34 AM

PoonTang is on a distinguished road

Can we vote more than once? say if our satisfaction changes in the future?
Old 08-17-2008, 03:42 AM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoonTang View Post
Can we vote more than once? say if our satisfaction changes in the future?
No, were going to reset the polls every 6 months or so
Old 08-17-2008, 03:53 AM

Oceanic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
No, were going to reset the polls every 6 months or so

Great idea!
Old 08-17-2008, 04:27 AM

Matt is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedfrags.com View Post

It is a testament to the quality vendors when they want to find and fix even one unsatisfied customer. Some are less vigilant in their customer focus. And nobody can please everybody...