Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Pictures > Featured Tank

Old 04-02-2010, 05:07 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

WOW! Thanks everyone !! :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmen View Post
I am going to be the first to congratulate you Kien! Wow! You deserve an award for this stunning creation! Incredible tank, incredible write up and so much attention to detail in everything you've done with this tank! You're journal has also been a wealth of information! You have been sure to share every step of your build journey with us canreefers and in doing so have helped many of us build towards our dream tank! Very proud of your accomplishments with this tank Kien! It is a work of art!
Thanks Carmen, you are my new best bosom buddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplycoral View Post
Awesome Tank Kien; Corals look Great & i love the aquascaping .

Got me thinking that i should dump this Zeovit and try those bio pellets :

Simon.
Bio Pellets are the hizzle 'fo shizzle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by christyf5 View Post
Congrats Kien, great writeup and photos. You have a truly stunning tank.

Ok I have to ask, is that a red sink scrubby in the photo with the sump filter sock?
Thanks Christy! Yes, that is red sink scrubby. There are actually three in there, a yellow, blue and red one. Long story short, it was migrated over from my last 90g tank to help seed the new tank (bacteria) and hasn't left yet. I've been meaning to take it out but it isn't really doing anything harmful. No detritus buildup, etc. In fact, they now serve as a hive for copepods and such :-)
Old 04-02-2010, 05:56 PM
Staff

christyf5 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kien View Post
Thanks Christy! Yes, that is red sink scrubby. There are actually three in there, a yellow, blue and red one. Long story short, it was migrated over from my last 90g tank to help seed the new tank (bacteria) and hasn't left yet. I've been meaning to take it out but it isn't really doing anything harmful. No detritus buildup, etc. In fact, they now serve as a hive for copepods and such :-)
Cool, never even thought about that. Awesome idea! I think I might try that

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.
Old 04-02-2010, 06:12 PM

Zoaelite is on a distinguished road

WOW Kien well deserved man, I will have to stop by one day for a frag swap so I can see it in person!

Quote:
Every Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at midnight there is a lightening storm (white LEDs flash randomly).
Never thought of doing something like that, is the hardware easy to set up?
Old 04-02-2010, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoaElite View Post
WOW Kien well deserved man, I will have to stop by one day for a frag swap so I can see it in person!

Never thought of doing something like that, is the hardware easy to set up?
Thanks Levi :-) Well, yes, I suppose it was easy considering I just plugged it into my controller (Profilux) and said "make lightening, thank you" It is a special light that is controlled by the controller, which also controls the sunrise/sunset (red LEDS) and moon phases (blue LEDs). I'm pretty sure there is no benefit whatsoever to the tank but it is hell-a-cool to sit and watch
Old 04-02-2010, 06:39 PM

Snappy is on a distinguished road

Congratulations on being awarded FTOTM Kien, your reef looks great with lots of fabulous corals. Great quality on the pictures as well. Nicely done!

Greg
Old 04-03-2010, 03:22 AM

Canadian is on a distinguished road

Congratulations Kien!

The photography is excellent and does a great job of showing your healthy and beautiful livestock!

I don't know if you it was mentioned in the write-up but what camera did you use for the photos?
SPS Dedicated 24x24x20 Trimless Tank | 20 g Sump | Bubbble King Mini 160 Protein Skimmer w/ Avast Swabbie | NP Biopellets in TLF Phosban Reactor | ATI Sunpower 6 x 24W T5HO Fixture | EcoTech Vortech MP20 | Modified Tunze Nanostream 6025 | Eheim 1260 Return Pump | GHL Profilux Standalone Doser dosing B-Ionic | Steel Frame Epoxy Coated Stand with Maple Panels embedded with Neodymium Magnets

"Mens sana in corpore sano"
Old 04-03-2010, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian View Post
Congratulations Kien!

The photography is excellent and does a great job of showing your healthy and beautiful livestock!

I don't know if you it was mentioned in the write-up but what camera did you use for the photos?
Thanks! For the underwater shots (most of the top down ones) I use an Olympus Stylus Tough underwater camera. For all others I use the Canon 5D Mark II with the 100mm macro lens :-)
Old 04-03-2010, 05:12 AM

fooser is on a distinguished road

Fantastic Kien!
Congratulations on a reef well done. I am sure this just marks the begining to your tank getting even more inspiring
Old 04-03-2010, 08:51 AM

andestang is on a distinguished road

Congratulations Kien! A top notch feature. I should point out though you forgot to add in the clams to your live stock inventory . I must say by the looks in pic thats one of the healthest looking Borbonius Anthius I've seen. How long have you managed to keep your Linckia's ? Great job !

150g reef, 55g sump, T5's, Vertech 200A, Profilux III - German made is highly over rated, should just say Gerpan made.

Reefkeeper - individual obsessed with placing disturbing amounts of electricity and seawater in close proximity for the purpose of maintaining live coral reef organisms.

Last edited by andestang; 04-03-2010 at 06:12 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-03-2010, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andestang View Post
Congratulations Kien! A top not feature. I should point out though you forgot to add in the clams to your live stock inventory . I must say by the looks in pic thats one of the healthest looking Borbonius Anthius I've seen. How long have you managed to keep your Linckia's ? Great job !
Thanks! Yes you are right I did forget the clams. Oops :-)

if you're amazed by his health you should see how big he is.. Your jaw will drop!

The blue one I've had for over a year now. There is actually a second blue one in there that I rescued off someone. The purple I've only had since December or January I think. The orange one just a month so far.