Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 09-03-2014, 02:35 AM

Gp Scott is on a distinguished road

I am currently filling with ro- di water. I ordered my sand yesterday and talked with Eli with fijirock and he's working on some aquascapes for me. I still have a bit of work mounting and hooking up my Neptune controller and figuring that thing all out and mounting my refugium light that I purchased today as well
Old 09-03-2014, 03:15 AM

I'm going to try the full syphon on my herbie not sure if it will work yet because my line runs horizontal in my floor for about 10 ft
Old 09-03-2014, 03:20 AM

This is the light for my sump it's a Philips led par38 with 5000 k daylight with a out side flood light that is suitable for wet locations in just going to hang it.
Old 09-03-2014, 03:24 AM

ronau is on a distinguished road

Herbie should be just fine. It will take a bunch of tuning as it will change every time you change something in the system.
Old 09-03-2014, 03:28 AM

Pic of my mag 24 surrounded in sponges hope it makes it quiet. On first test run with tap water I thought the pump was to loud might have to rap it back up in bubble rap.
Old 09-03-2014, 03:32 AM
Vendor

eli@fijireefrock.com is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gp Scott View Post
Pic of my mag 24 surrounded in sponges hope it makes it quiet. On first test run with tap water I thought the pump was to loud might have to rap it back up in bubble rap.
I like your setup and cannot wait what aquas-cape you are coming up with..lol.
I am sure those sponges will disintegrate in saltwater as I seen it happen in the past.I recommend using styro only on the bottom of the pump and the sides if you like but make sure the pump when turned on is not hitting the glass and you should have a quieter sound.
Old 09-03-2014, 03:37 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronau View Post
Herbie should be just fine. It will take a bunch of tuning as it will change every time you change something in the system.
I hope your right I haven't tested it yet but I hope I can get all the air out of it. Or I have to go back to the durso that I had on there and insulate the line so I don't hear water running down the line.
Old 09-03-2014, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eli@fijireefrock.com View Post
I like your setup and cannot wait what aquas-cape you are coming up with..lol.
I am sure those sponges will disintegrate in saltwater as I seen it happen in the past.I recommend using styro only on the bottom of the pump and the sides if you like but make sure the pump when turned on is not hitting the glass and you should have a quieter sound.
Thanks for the info I will change the sponges out the wife was looking for them anyway lol. I have some pink rigid styrofoam in my garage that I will try. Looking forward to the aquascape.
Old 09-03-2014, 04:14 AM
Gold Member

FishyFishy! will become famous soon enough

I put a ball valve on the output side of my mag24. I dialed it back just a bit and it made it run dead silent. I recently did the same thing with my mag12, and it worked wonders. Something you could try. However you still need to dampen the vibration with foam/styro on the bottom of the pump.

They call it addiction for a reason...
Old 09-03-2014, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy! View Post
I put a ball valve on the output side of my mag24. I dialed it back just a bit and it made it run dead silent. I recently did the same thing with my mag12, and it worked wonders. Something you could try. However you still need to dampen the vibration with foam/styro on the bottom of the pump.
I'm trying everything I put styrofoam in and notched it out so it sits down in it. I run it for a bit but still seams noisy like the impeller hitting something and lots of vibration. I have to wait to pump more water rodi making more. I have the mag 18 under sump and it's quiet I could swap pumps around but I'm not sure if I will have enough flow. 7C825FBBA03A_zpsw5sye0eg.jpg[/IMG]
I even insulated line out of pump and under header system connected to pump so nothing vibrates on glass