Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics hardware related only)

Old 01-25-2014, 04:40 PM

Torx is on a distinguished road

I am not judging your choice at all. I just made the Apex cable because that is what I own (probably the only thing I purchased new since I started the hobby 3-4 years ago).

I will look around for the connectors, and post when I have some cables made for the ALC from RKE/RKL. Probably about 2-3 weeks out.
Old 01-25-2014, 04:42 PM

Steel_Wind is on a distinguished road

Looking ahead, if a similar 0-10v control cable for the Jebao DC12000 DC controllable pump were possible using a Molex Microfit 3.0 (I am betting "yes"), you could potentially control both the WP powerheads, a Jebao DC Controllable pump and a suite of Kessil lights all from one MLC unit hooked up to a RKL.

Honestly? That's VERY kick-ass!
Old 01-25-2014, 04:43 PM

Oh I am not judging your choice at all. RKE/RKE is still a great controller. Like the Linux to Windows I guess you can say (I prefer Linux actually ). The only reason I made the Apex cable is because that is what I own. (probably the only thing I ever purchased new in this hobby).

I will look for the connectors and post when I have cables ready to be made. Probably 2-3 weeks out.
Old 01-25-2014, 04:44 PM

Steel_Wind is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torx View Post
I am not judging your choice at all.
Dude, I'm judging my choice!! I wish I had just gone with the Apex instead of an RKE.

I ended up with a couple of RKLs and some extra modules and it got out of hand. So I ended up getting a RKE head unit directly from DA so I could go past the module limit on a tank I am building.

In general, show me a RKE owner and I will show you someone who wishes they bought an Apex.

But the RKL is a different matter. That thing has its uses and a LARGE price advantage. I'll stick up for an RKL as a good basic piece of gear. If you can add a suite of functions to it all with one measly cheap-ass control module? That's Primo gravy.

Last edited by Steel_Wind; 01-25-2014 at 04:46 PM.
Old 01-25-2014, 07:54 PM

LoL, either way, parts are on order to work with the ALC unit. No shipping date yet, but it is a Saturday today.
Old 02-08-2014, 04:51 PM

Sorry for the delay, apparently the vendor had my order listed as shipped when it wasn't. Parts should be shipped Monday.
Old 02-08-2014, 05:18 PM

jordsyke is on a distinguished road

Got my harness! Thx! even though she wont be put to use for a while haha
Old 02-16-2014, 02:46 PM

Still not confirmed on the RKE/RKL... but ... I was chatting with a guy on another site (not sure if i can name it here) and he is using one on a Jebao DC controllable pump. SO ... that opens the doors for a few people.
Old 03-19-2014, 12:40 AM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

I ordered one of these Apex to WP cables, just got it hooked up and it's great. Although I may not keep the water in the tank long with the current profiles.

Seller was great to deal with, PM'ed every step of the way and the package arrived a day early. If you have these pumps and an Apex, you need one of these cables!
Old 03-19-2014, 03:48 AM

ronau is on a distinguished road

I got mine quite a while ago but only hooked them up a couple of weeks ago. They work awesome and allow for way better control of my WP-25s. Only change I might do now is make a version that works with the new single power supply to run the pair.