Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics livestock related only)

Old 04-28-2018, 06:35 PM

jostafew is on a distinguished road
Default Free Livestock - Taking a break from saltwater

Hi everyone, after a long and hard fought battle with dinoflagellates I've decided to take a break from reefing. If you've ever dug into the Dino story you'd know that a healthy established tank should not allow Dinos to proliferate, but before I knew better I was going down the ULN road and trying extreme measures to starve out the Dinos which ultimately devastated the rest of the ecosystem, something my tank was never able to recover from.

All livestock is healthy, eating well, and aside from the sharknose goby is all in perfect physical condition. The livestock in the tank has been unchanged for many months, so no chances for recently introduced disease.

Fish:
- Green goby (small)
- False percula clown (adult)
- Green chromis (small)
- Azure damsel (adult)
- Sharknose goby (adult) - has a few nips out of its tail which never filled back in. This is an old injury and the fish is otherwise healthy and active

Inverts:
- 2x large turbo snails
- Tuxedo urchin (small)
- Several blue-leg hermit crabs
- 4" Clam. I thought it was a Deresa with coloration like the one on the right in this photo https://www.liveaquaria.com/images/c...037-derasa.jpg but the shell looks more like a maxima. Clam is attached to a 5"ish round flat piece of rock so it is easily relocated with the rock it's attached to.

Again the reason why this is all free as it does come with some inherent risk. I could have easily neglected to mention the dino issue, but I don't want to proliferate the unknowing exposure to a potential tank nuisance. The fish should all be safe to move, as a quick FW dip should pretty much instantly pop the Dino cells, or to be extra safe a gradual hyposalinity quarantine would definitely do the job.

For the inverts, I would recommend that those only go to a well established system as that should be able to reject the small numbers of dinos that may be introduced on the shells of the inverts.

It hurts me to post this, but I really think a break will allow me to come back to the hobby refreshed and better equipped for success (in terms of knowledge).

Thanks for reading.
Old 04-28-2018, 07:01 PM

Forgot to mention a 2" colony of nice green GSP on a small piece of rock
Old 04-28-2018, 09:27 PM

I think I've got a new home lined up, will update when confirmed.
Old 04-28-2018, 10:19 PM

satishverma is on a distinguished road
Default interested

how about clam thanks
Old 04-29-2018, 02:29 PM

Hello everyone. I've received a number of inquiries about these guys. The group is spoken for, so unless the fellow bails out at the last minute we can consider them gone to a new home. If they do become available again for some reason I will contact the next person in line.

Thanks for the interest
Old 04-29-2018, 06:07 PM

Hello everyone, thank you for your interest. All the fish and inverts have gone to new homes. Happy reefing