Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 05-18-2016, 06:36 AM

loumaggs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaHorse_Fanatic View Post
Personally, I have no problems with any of these videos.

Also, when I had a devastating tank crash due to a Marine Velvet outbreak, it took the heart out of me with regards to this addiction. I was ready to throw in the towel. But I didn't make a hasty decision when I was feeling devastated by the losses. Instead, I took some time out to think if I still had it in me to continue. It was actually my wife who encouraged me to take a bit of a break and try again. For the OP, stating that she hasn't made up her mind whether or not to restock and start over after this massive tank wipeout is the same situation I went through (although I'm not a YouTube kinda guy). If she has a lot of "online followers" then its a logical step to state that she will make her decision later and post it on a future video. How else would someone who posts videos online regularly do it? If I usually text my ideas or opinions to my fishie friends, then I would text that I will let them know by text once I make up my mind on a fairly significant decision. So to me, this is the same thing, except she does things by video. I don't see anything "sinister" in mentioning at the end of this video that she'll let everyone know her final decision in a future vid.

For the record, I have posted on some of her earlier videos and the OP did respond back both by post and PMs. If she posts links to her videos on 75 forums (as another member stated earlier) I'm sure its a very time consuming chore to respond to every thread on every forum. I am only on BCAquaria and Canreef (regularly in terms of fish forums) and its sometimes not easy to keep up with everything going on with just two forums. I believe she's in the UK so Canreef is a foreign site to her, so one she will less likely to post on or visit as regularly as UK fish sites.

BTW, I have read a lot of threads on both my "home" forums where someone posts a question or opinion in a new thread and never responds back to follow up postings, so again, not a big deal. Why get offended or consider try to find something sinister behind it? Seems a waste of energy to me, since lots of members are more lurkers than posters. After all, I belong to a citrus growers forum which I visit occasionally and it is often weeks between posts for me on that forum, since its not one of my main "home" forums.

Also, if my tank was just wiped out, the last thing I would be doing is deciding if I should still buy a Copperband Butterfly fish, which are notoriously tricky to keep under optimal conditions.

Just my opinion.

Anybody who doesn't want to watch any future videos by the OP is following their own inclinations and opinions. Just seemed the comments on this thread were becoming too one-sided for me to stand on the sidelines and not post my own comments.

loumaggs, hope this tank crash does not discourage you from resetting up your system, but with more backups to prevent future problems.

Anthony
Thank you Anthony, it's a very sad day when you film something and people still don't believe you... I received around 150 messages from various social media sites everyday and 95% I reply to. I've had 300 messages of,support on that video and every messages I've replied to. It's almost a full time job
Old 05-18-2016, 02:21 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by loumaggs View Post
Thank you Anthony, it's a very sad day when you film something and people still don't believe you... I received around 150 messages from various social media sites everyday and 95% I reply to. I've had 300 messages of,support on that video and every messages I've replied to. It's almost a full time job
Sorry to hear about your loss. It sucks to go through something like that. So what are you plans moving forward?
Old 05-18-2016, 02:25 PM

Quote:
And it's gracious of you to come in and reply to Anthony's post. That's much appreciated. There are however a few other posts before his with various questions posted that I myself am interested in hear the answer to if you have time to answer them?
Old 05-18-2016, 02:52 PM

Scythanith is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I don't think anyone is doubting the legitimacy of your tank loss. Everyone is very sympathetic toward you about that I hope you get back on the seahorse and carry on with the hobby.
Old 05-18-2016, 04:34 PM

Bblinks is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaHorse_Fanatic View Post
Personally, I have no problems with any of these videos.

Also, when I had a devastating tank crash due to a Marine Velvet outbreak, it took the heart out of me with regards to this addiction. I was ready to throw in the towel. But I didn't make a hasty decision when I was feeling devastated by the losses. Instead, I took some time out to think if I still had it in me to continue. It was actually my wife who encouraged me to take a bit of a break and try again. For the OP, stating that she hasn't made up her mind whether or not to restock and start over after this massive tank wipeout is the same situation I went through (although I'm not a YouTube kinda guy). If she has a lot of "online followers" then its a logical step to state that she will make her decision later and post it on a future video. How else would someone who posts videos online regularly do it? If I usually text my ideas or opinions to my fishie friends, then I would text that I will let them know by text once I make up my mind on a fairly significant decision. So to me, this is the same thing, except she does things by video. I don't see anything "sinister" in mentioning at the end of this video that she'll let everyone know her final decision in a future vid.

For the record, I have posted on some of her earlier videos and the OP did respond back both by post and PMs. If she posts links to her videos on 75 forums (as another member stated earlier) I'm sure its a very time consuming chore to respond to every thread on every forum. I am only on BCAquaria and Canreef (regularly in terms of fish forums) and its sometimes not easy to keep up with everything going on with just two forums. I believe she's in the UK so Canreef is a foreign site to her, so one she will less likely to post on or visit as regularly as UK fish sites.

BTW, I have read a lot of threads on both my "home" forums where someone posts a question or opinion in a new thread and never responds back to follow up postings, so again, not a big deal. Why get offended or consider try to find something sinister behind it? Seems a waste of energy to me, since lots of members are more lurkers than posters. After all, I belong to a citrus growers forum which I visit occasionally and it is often weeks between posts for me on that forum, since its not one of my main "home" forums.

Also, if my tank was just wiped out, the last thing I would be doing is deciding if I should still buy a Copperband Butterfly fish, which are notoriously tricky to keep under optimal conditions.

Just my opinion.

Anybody who doesn't want to watch any future videos by the OP is following their own inclinations and opinions. Just seemed the comments on this thread were becoming too one-sided for me to stand on the sidelines and not post my own comments.

loumaggs, hope this tank crash does not discourage you from resetting up your system, but with more backups to prevent future problems.

Anthony
I totally understand what you are saying, it's not that we don't believe this happened just can't rationalize why it happened in such a short time. I have personally been through countless power outages and the longest one was about 10 years ago where we lost power for three days straight and my tank had no alternate aid for the same duration and when the power came back on I still made it through with all my fishes.

I think we would like to get some more info on why and how this all happened, there is got to be something else that caused this and not just a few hours of power outage. We all love this hobby and that'why we use our hard earned money to ensure all inhabitant live happy and well. I would do anything to avoid a disaster and I think that goes for everyone who had questions so we can examine exactly what caused it, OP needs to answer a few questions on here so we can investigate and some how come to a collaborated conclusion which should help her and help us in the long run.

300DD - 140DD

TOTM Fall 2013
Old 05-18-2016, 04:35 PM

Bblinks is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scythanith View Post
I don't think anyone is doubting the legitimacy of your tank loss. Everyone is very sympathetic toward you about that I hope you get back on the seahorse and carry on with the hobby.
Get back on the seahorse.....hahahahah

300DD - 140DD

TOTM Fall 2013
Old 05-18-2016, 06:15 PM

Animal-Chin is on a distinguished road

Last night I got home from work and my Cali Tort was 3/4s bleached/dead. I thought "maybe I should quit reefing" for a moment or two...lol I can't imagine a total tank wipe out, must be devastating.

Louise has a place in the youtube reef world. She may not be hardcore like some of the guy reefers who do video's like scientists but her vids have a place like anything else. I enjoy watching from time to time and if I learn something, bonus!
Old 05-18-2016, 06:31 PM

ComfortablyNumb is on a distinguished road

loumaggs: did someone advise you that there were negative posts here? Is that why you came back so quickly? Previously, you hardly ever responded to your own threads or questions in them..is why I'm asking.

There have been some legitimate questions posted as to how your tank crashed so quickly...no one here seems to have experienced anything like that, despite almost all of us having experienced power outages, many of far greater duration in tanks much more heavy loaded than yours.

We're not saying it didn't happen of course, its just your explanation of why it happened seems rather unusual (tank ran out of o2 in an hour or so) compared to anyone here's experience.

Again, not to say it didn't happen like you said it did, but if you are going to hold yourself out as an expert while soliciting donations from us, you must expect questions like these.

*edit* My sympathies for your loss...nobody enjoys seeing beautiful fish like that die.

Last edited by ComfortablyNumb; 05-18-2016 at 06:46 PM.
Old 05-18-2016, 07:04 PM

Scythanith is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bblinks View Post
Get back on the seahorse.....hahahahah
Old 05-19-2016, 12:36 AM

and there is a perfectly good reason why this thread (and others like it) are completely one sided. It's because the "other side" isn't here to help contribute to the discussion. Even though the "other side" was here, the "other side" still chose not to take that opportunity contribute to the discussion that they started.