Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 04-10-2004, 09:09 AM

Namscam is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Namscam Send a message via MSN to Namscam Send a message via Yahoo to Namscam
Default Too all you computer genus out there help

Ok I m trying to reformat my computer but it is in stripe mode. I have tried to to format it regularly like i do with my other computer by putting in the windows xp cd and let it format it from there but when i tried this it could not detect a drive. After that i tried to just the windows xp startup disk to start the comp and tried to find my c drive but it failed. only drive to be found was a drive. then I decided to go into my fast build and delete my stripe array and thought mirror might be better, but no such luck. So i rebuild my array back into stripe mode and still no hard disk to be found. After this i played with my bios a lil bit and started up the cd again. this time when the windows started up from the cd, the comp just turned blue and an error message was displayed. It said something bout my sysddup.exe or something like that was messed up which I found strange considering when I deleted the array, everything in the hard disk was deleted as well but n e wayz, I then download the windows 98 boot disk and I realized that I dont think my disk was partition because of the deletion of the array which mess everything up, so I partitioned the HD, and then started up the windows cd again. And at last still no detection of my HD which means I can install windows. Does n e one have n e suggestion on how I can fix this problem and install windows into my HD. My raid configuration is curently in stripe mode and my bios is on default. Its a 240GB HD on a 3,0GHz intel . I m thinking maybe I need to format it again from DOS using the 98 boot disk and then installing windows.
Old 04-10-2004, 06:33 PM

reef monkey is on a distinguished road

when you are installing windows XP using raid or sata you must first install third party utilities in order for windows to recognize the drive configuration. The third party utility should be on the disk that came with the motherboard or adapter card you are using. When windows first starts up it will ask you if you need to install third party utilities say yes and install them from the third party disk.the next time windows starts it will find your drive and you can install as before.
Old 04-10-2004, 06:35 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Namscam Send a message via MSN to Namscam Send a message via Yahoo to Namscam

Yup i did that but I could not find the floppy disk that came with my computer and was just wondering where can I download it
Old 04-10-2004, 06:37 PM

The mother board is Asus P4c800-E deluxe mother board with intel IV 3.0 GHz chip
Old 04-10-2004, 07:01 PM

Chad is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namscam
The mother board is Asus P4c800-E deluxe mother board with intel IV 3.0 GHz chip
Just go to the ASUS website. It will be there.

http://www.asus.com.tw/support/downl...800-E%20Deluxe