Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 02-15-2004, 05:39 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by newreefy
Steve

I have been drooling over it for about 3 years now and I finally bought one. Yes it is new I had to go over to Vancouver to buy it, since no Victoria dealerships carry them. Once you drive one you will not want to give it up Unfortunately the my tank might be deprived of any new additions for the next little while since it seems that I pass everybody on the road.......except for the GAS STATION!

Adam
hehe, actualy Adam, you can get suburban or glen oak to bring them in.. the 3 ford dealers are ownd by brothers and the dad owns a SVT delership in Vancouver so they can swing it. but you probably got a better price getting it in Van anyways.

So when you taking me for a ride

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 02-15-2004, 07:51 PM

newreefy is on a distinguished road

Steve, I tried to get the victoria dealerships to bring one in so i could see it in person but they wanted me to buy it first before they brought it in. It was a real mickey mouse situation. I wasn't even aloud to test drive it before I put an offer on it!......the salesman in Vancouver drove the truck with me in the passenger seat. I have a long list of people that want a ride. The truck has a 1600km break in period before you should really get on it!! so once the truck hits that no problem with a ride! (you might have to give up a frag though)

Adam
Old 02-15-2004, 08:25 PM

Namscam is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Namscam Send a message via MSN to Namscam Send a message via Yahoo to Namscam

Quote:
Quote:
If you arent getting an SUV from ford, your just wasting your money
I am going to have to disagree with this! If I can figure out how to post a pic of the ultimate machine that i just purchased 2 weeks ago you will see what will put all imports to shame

Ford Lightning! 380Hp/450ft.

Not the best pic but you kinda get the idea..........she means business!!

Namscam: A lot of time and money in your car though... looks good!

Thats the lighting f150 right??? dont u find it that where they place the exhaust it kind of makes the side of your car dirty???
ok let me restate what I meant so say.....get a truck/suv...

well when you are comparing a small sports car to a pick up truck, thats like comparing apples to oranges...I do agree that you dont get as much power as a domestic car, but they are more reliable as in terms of how much maintence you need to do when how long they can last....cuz if you are gonna say that all imports sux because they dont have the power, then I can say the almost the same for domoestic for how they are unreliable and break down really fast... for example, just look at the Caravan, they are known for their transmission problems...
But in any case I do agree that the car that you have is a good car..I ve got one too not the light tho...its the F150 XLT...looks exactly like yours but the exhaust is placed in the back.....and I can say that they are really safe because I was coming back from Big white in Kelwona on hiway 5 goin 130km/hr when I skid, did a 360 turn and hit the side barrier..There was 3 of us in the car, all of none who were wearing a seat belt, and no one had any scratch or bruise, no one get hurt or anything...I love those fiber glass body that they have

But in any case that is not the ultimate car...The HUMMER is the ultimate car...too bad its out of my price range
Old 02-15-2004, 09:33 PM

impreza is on a distinguished road

well, the "ultimate car" is a bit of a relative term, i mean, maybe the lightning is an ultimate truck, but by no means an ultimate car!
imo, for the price, i would buy an AMG car like the SLK32 AMG or maybe a C32 AMG, or even a STi.
Old 02-15-2004, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namscam

Thats the lighting f150 right??? dont u find it that where they place the exhaust it kind of makes the side of your car dirty???
I relocated the exhaust to the side of my F150 also when I put the preformance exhause on it

no dirt whats so ever, I guess you would only make the side dirty if your engine was running rich or burning oil.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Old 02-16-2004, 01:53 AM

newreefy is on a distinguished road

No dirt for me either...but since my truck has been washed pretty much every day since i got it is hard to tell

As the "ultimate machine" goes it is entirely personal preference! And i agree that it is comparing apples to oranges. I my self would much rather spend the money on a fast truck opposed to a sports car....as you can see! I will admit you can buy some pretty fancy cars for the money that was forked out for the lightning. I actually was looking at a used Honda S-2000 but then realized it just wasn't me. I needed something just a little more practical.

Steve:
Is that a full exhaust system of your f-150 or cat-back. If you need a truck that you can put more people in i think the Harley truck would be your match!
Old 02-16-2004, 03:17 AM

eposer is on a distinguished road

There is only one ultimate vehicle in my opinion and that is the Bugatti Veyron 16.4. All I need is another $1.5 million and it's mine! Maybe I'll just get myself a supercharged tacoma and throw on some bags instead

7 Speed transmission
7.993 liter Quad Turbo
1001 bhp / 746.7 kW @ 6000 rpm
Top speed 406.0 km/h
0-300 km/h in approx. 13 seconds

http://www.bugatti-cars.de/bugatti/index.html mmmmmm....
Old 02-16-2004, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Steve:
Is that a full exhaust system of your f-150 or cat-back. If you need a truck that you can put more people in i think the Harley truck would be your match!
nope just a ravin 3" that starts just after the "Y". I just put the super chip in it 2 weeks ago and that was money well spent. I am going to be getting headers and such but they are on hold till next winter probably.

as to the harly they only seet 4 now as they have the leather buckets front and rear.. I know I told the dealer if they could get a 2004 in a supercab I would take it but it only comes in crew cab now. beside I just spent 2K on a sterio system for the truck so I have to keep it for a few more years.

Steve