Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 01-18-2004, 10:04 PM

Namscam is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Namscam Send a message via MSN to Namscam Send a message via Yahoo to Namscam
Default What to do , what to do????

well as you have known , I have just aquired some live rocks from deb which looks great btw....I put them in my tank at a part that looks empty but then my brother walks into the room and says that my tank looks so ugly because of my lousy rock work, so we spent 2 hours taking it out and putting it back it..now the rock work looks great and the tank looks better too except for the cloudy water of course...everything looked just great until we started to put the corals back in when I noticed that my favorite xenia was missing...it has a blue stalk with brown polyps which looks very nice.....this xenia was not attacked to any big rock or any thing only...its a small frag about 2 inches tall....So what should I do now...btw its a pulsating xenia...spend another 2 hours tearing down the tank and do all the rockwork again or just to let it be and wait to see if it ll grow and spot it when it gets big, that is if it can survive at who knows where it is inder all the rocks.....I dont really want to tear down the tank because I m afraid i ll stress out my inhabitants even more and get some losses....what would you do...
Old 01-18-2004, 11:21 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

I dunno ... if it was me, I'd leave it be and see if it pops up somewhere in a day or two.
Old 01-19-2004, 12:10 AM
UnderWorldAquatics

Im with Tony
Old 01-19-2004, 07:34 PM

BCOrchidGuy is on a distinguished road

It's probably found a nice little spot to propagate, soon you'll have more Xenia than you know what to do with.

Doug
Old 01-19-2004, 08:16 PM

Chad is on a distinguished road

I once had an Xenia fall through a hole of some Live Rock.. I gave up on trying to get it out.. so I left it be.. a week later I had polyps mysteriously coming out of hole down on the side of the rock. Needless to say.. the thing slowly moved itself out through this hole in the rock..

I wouldn't worry too much.. pretty resiliant things.

Old 01-20-2004, 03:55 AM

Namscam is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Namscam Send a message via MSN to Namscam Send a message via Yahoo to Namscam

well I ve finally found it ...after looking at my fish tank for hours on end I have finally done it It was behind some rocks buried under the sand...poor thing looks soo skinny and decolured ...I saw a few of its polyps when I was looking at the xenia that I got from chad and notice there was one too many polyps ..I hope this thing makes.I have place it on top of my rocks near the top in an area with moderate flow in hopes of reviving him...