Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 01-16-2004, 04:52 PM
UnderWorldAquatics

lol, as I actualy just read what Im replying to, I notice that the transfer is going from east to west... lol
Old 01-16-2004, 05:25 PM

Namscam is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Namscam Send a message via MSN to Namscam Send a message via Yahoo to Namscam

My mistake...I m sorry if I confused everyone..It was late and I was too tired to write the whole thing out...Thank you for your response eeryone...And I intend to package it in my suit case..It wont be much just about 10 lbs or soo..well actually my brother is going to be bringing it because Deb was sellinng it and since he was there mind as well as bring back some because its just on the way..
Old 01-16-2004, 05:57 PM

Tman1973 is on a distinguished road

I would just check with the airline to ensure that they will allow you to bring it on the aircraft. Some will not allow salt water on there planes because it can be corrosive to the aircraft if not package correctly.

I'd suggest using cargo so you’re covered and contact a local fish store for the proper packing material.
Old 01-16-2004, 06:17 PM

Marcus K is on a distinguished road

Would it be any different bringing Live Rock in to Canada if you had a LFS bill of sale from the US. Just checking. I don't think it would be worth the effort to lug around airport unless it was a smoking deal. Remember its $10 for me to buy locally. That might make me think twice.
Old 01-16-2004, 06:33 PM

BCOrchidGuy is on a distinguished road

Marcus it's $5.99/lbs here, someone said J&L sold them some recently for $3.99/lbs that would be worth it if you're buying a fair amount. The bill of sale from a LFS in the USA wouldn't be enough to bring it into Canada, it needs that Cites permit.

Doug
Old 01-17-2004, 12:55 AM

EmilyB is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namscam
just about 10 lbs or soo..well actually my brother is going to be bringing it because Deb was sellinng it and since he was there mind as well as bring back some because its just on the way..
I always make sure that anything with sw in it can be stowed under the seat. Last time they tried to put my Moorish Idol up top, because the bag was quite large, and I said I don't think you want to put live fish up there...and she said ah, no, just make sure no one can trip over it.
Old 01-17-2004, 01:39 AM

Namscam is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Namscam Send a message via MSN to Namscam Send a message via Yahoo to Namscam

thanks for the info deb and also the rocks