Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Aqua Digital > Fauna Marin Ultra Lith & Support

Old 12-07-2009, 03:45 PM

Mrfish55 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie View Post

Specifically I'm looking for the easy way to control numerous species of macroalgae. The algae isn't particularily out of control (except maybe the coralline algae) just unsightly when guests come over
UNSIGHTLY!!! you have got to be kidding, your tank is amazing. If you are wanting to try something I do recommend the Ultralith line, I recieved a demo of Ultra Bio and the food source (powder in a bottle with no label, perhaps the Fauna folk could identify what it is) I used it on the 90 corner tank and it cleared up my nuisance algae as well as a real bad case of cyano.
Old 12-07-2009, 03:47 PM

marie is on a distinguished road

Hey Dave do you still have your fancy water tester thing? Would it give me an accurate nitrate, phosphate reading?

300g tank
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=86252
Old 12-07-2009, 03:49 PM

Aqua-Digital is on a distinguished road

That reminds me I need a hair cut

Take your time, I am happy to keep providing advise and answer questions when required

(missing label = sample bottle from large vat of product ) This was the Ultra Life I speak of above

Best wishes
Michael
Old 12-07-2009, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua-Digital View Post
FM products can be used in conjunction with other FM products for different uses.

Dosing Bio with Ultra Life is a way of reducing nutrients and cyno outbreaks naturally.

Ultra life is a multi purpose clay binding agent, its pupose in the main is to bind the water bound nutrients for them to be skimmed out.

I have not gone down this route of explanation as yet as to not confuse you with too many products before we know what the issues (if any) are with your system

See, Aqua digital is so quick they posted the answer while I was still typing, I was sent a sample of the Bio and the Ultralife and it solved the problems in the corner tank.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:06 PM

Bio and ultra life if used as directed and for the correct period of time is a fantastic 100% natural way of ridding systems of algal issues providing there is no continued underlying cause.

Works well for - outbreaks due to holiday over feeding, reduced water change schedules, accidental nutrient over dosing, cyano outbreaks in a normally healthy system

Does not work so well for established high nutrient issues in established old tanks where the nutrients have become bound in tanks structures. In this case we recommend regular maintenance with bak and bio.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Does not work so well for established high nutrient issues in established old tanks where the nutrients have become bound in tanks structures. In this case we recommend regular maintenance with bak and bio.
That would certainly describe my tank although phosphates haven't affected the corals yet, it never hurts to be proactive

300g tank
Old 12-07-2009, 04:56 PM

Once we establish your Po4 levels I think if they are high and can be got under check then your coral colour and growth will be amazing, its great now and a tank anyone would be proud of, but as you say best to be proactive.
Old 12-07-2009, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua-Digital View Post

Once we establish your Po4 levels I think if they are high and can be got under check then your coral colour and growth will be amazing, its great now and a tank anyone would be proud of, but as you say best to be proactive.
Better coral growth would be a bad thing....seriously

300g tank
Old 12-07-2009, 05:11 PM

sounds like your system is very well balanced then and if anything ust needs some fine tuning.

But until i know the test results dont do anything other than what you are doing now
Old 12-07-2009, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie View Post
Hey Dave do you still have your fancy water tester thing? Would it give me an accurate nitrate, phosphate reading?
Yes I still have that fancy thing, give me a ring and I can stop over and give you a baseline.