Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Aqua Digital > Fauna Marin Ultra Lith & Support

Old 12-07-2009, 03:04 PM

marie is on a distinguished road

Hi aqua digital,
So the ultra bak is the bacteria food and the bio is the bacteria, what do the amino acids do for the tank...

300g tank
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=86252
Old 12-07-2009, 03:10 PM

Aqua-Digital is on a distinguished road

Hiya

Ultra Bio is a very powerful blend of bacterias that are designed specifically for consuming nutrients.

Ultra bak is the foods source, call it the energy drink for the Bio.

Min-S (amino acid supplement) is used to replace the negative nutrients with the exact requirments your system and corals require without causing algal issues

I would suggest adding a small amount of Min-S after you have your nutrients down other wise the corals can go pale due to lack of nutrients.

ULNS is a balancing act, once you found the balance it is very easy to maintain.

One piece of advise given above older tanks do not react well to ULNS due to the high build up of trapped nurtrients in sand and rock.

I would suggest testing your nutrient levels and then getting back to me for further advise.

At this time i do not receommend full Lith dosing, but I do recommend a structured maintenance program that could or may include the use of bak bio and some min-s.

Regards
Michael
Old 12-07-2009, 03:15 PM

Ultra Bio

UltraBio is a mix of highly active bacteria, specifically formulated for the Ultralith system. This bacteria mix will prevent a monoculture in the filter and promotes the rapid processing of nutrients in the filter.
Standard dosing:

Shake well before use.

When starting to use UltraBio or after an exchange of the UltraLith filter medium add 1 drop per 100 liter/26gal every day for 2 weeks. After this initial phase, add 1 drop per 100 Liter/26gal. every three days, until the next exchange of the Ultralith filter medium. Please add the UltraBio either directly into the tank or into the intake of the Zeolite Filter.

It is advisable to turn off the skimmer for 2 to 3 hours after the addition of UltraBio.

UltraBio is a mix of several nitrifying and denitrifying bacterial populations that were carefully selected for their ability to convert ammonia to nitrite, nitrite to nitrate and nitrate to nitrogen gas. Please add UltraBio at the beginning of using the Ultralith system and after an exchange of Ultralith.

Our bacteria mix is highly concentrated. You can actually see the bacteria with the naked eye as aggregates drifting in the solution. Please shake the bottle slightly before each use.

UltraBio contains the marine nitrifying and denitrifying bacterial strains „Nitrosomas sp. Nitrobacter sp. Nitrospira sp. Paracoccus sp. Pseudomonas sp. and is highly concentrated

ADVICE :

In older tanks with high nutrient concentrations please reduce the phosphate concentration with Ultraphos down to levels around around 0,1 mg/l – 0,05 mg/l before using UltraBak. After the phosphate reduction, dose UltraBio as recommended above.

UltraBio contains the marine nitrifying and denitrifying bacterial strains „Nitrosomas sp. Nitrobacter sp. Nitrospira sp. Paracoccus sp. Pseudomonas sp. and is highly concentrated.

ATTENTION: Our bacteria mix is highly concentrated and you can actually see the bacteria as aggregates drifting in the solution. Through the high concentration of the bacterial cells in the solution, a contamination with foreign or a decay of the product can effectively be ruled out and makes preservation like storage in a Nitrogen atmosphere unnecessary. The solution has a shelf life of at least 9 months and does not require refridgeration. ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++
FAUNA MARIN BACTERIA SYSTEM for nutrient reduction in Reef tanks

UltraBio can also be used for nutrient reduction without the use of Zeolites or other adsorbers. If you want to use UltraBio without Ultralith, you have to use UltraBio in combination with Biofood as a food source for the bacteria.

Dosing :
Shake well before use

1 drop each of UltraBio and 3 drops of Biofood per day per 100 L/26gal, directly into the aquarium. Keep this dose until Nitrate and Phosphate levels have dropped significantly. After you have reached the desired water parameters, decrease the dose by 50%.

Cyanobacteria:

The combination of UltraBio and UltraLife are a very effective treatment against cyanobacteria in reef tanks. Cyanobacteria form red films or carpets which can cover the entire decoration. They are good indicators for a misbalance between nutrients. An addition of UltraBio and Ultralife will reactivate the growth of a healthy and diverse bacterial population by balancing out the nutrients.

Dosing:

Different products have to be mixed before dosing. The daily dose per 100 L of tank volume is 2 drops of UltraBio, half a tablespoon of UltraLife and 2 drops of UltraBio. Mix all the ingredients together and add them into the intake of a pump or any other place with high flow.

Maintain this treatment until the Cyanobacteria are clearly reduced. This may take several days to weeks, so please be patient. In most cases the treatment works in less than one week
Old 12-07-2009, 03:16 PM

Ultra Min-S

Ultramin S is a nutrient solution and food additive, specially developed for filter feeders, corals and clams. Due to its special formula it is taken up extremely fast. Polyps will expand much further and the protective mucus membrane of the corals will be strengthened. Greatly aides the buildup of coral tissue, nutrients will be transported into the coral/clam much more efficiently. The corals will expand and take up more particulate food (UltraMin F), the natural coloration will be enhanced.
UltraMin S contains all all Amino acids, Vitamins, and over 70 trace elements.
Add 3-5 ml per 1000 L (250 gal) daily, depending on nutrient concentrations in the aquarium.
For husbandry of Sponges and non-photosynthetic corals UltraMin S is an essential product in combination with UltraMin F.
UltraMin S is available in 100 ml/ 250 ml/ 500 ml/ 1000 ml.

Contents:
Water
Glucose Monohydrate
Magnesium Sulfate
Potassium Chloride
Ethylene Acetate
Sodium Acetate
L-Arginin Hydrochloride
L-Histidin Hydrochloride
Taurine
L-Threonine
DL-Tryptophane
Glycine
DL-Valine
Thiamin Chloride 100 mg
Nicotinamide 1500 mg
Riboflavine 40 mg
Dexpanthenole
Pridoxine Hydrochloride 100 mg
Cyanococobalamine
Sodium Methyl-4-Hydroxybenzoate
More than 70 trace elements
Old 12-07-2009, 03:17 PM

Ultra Bak

UltraBak is a nutrient solution for bacteria commonly found in a marine aquarium. After addition of UltraBak bacteria will grow rapidly and thereby will convert unwanted nutrients like nitrite, nitrate and phosphate into biomass. The bacteria will either be skimmed off or taken up by corals and filter feeders, thereby providing an additional source of natural food. Most corals can also directly utilize UltraBak as an energy source.
Growth rates of denitrifiying bacteria are enhanced, making life rock and especially Zeolite filters even more effective in breaking down and removing unwanted nitrogen compounds. UltraBak reduces nitrite, nitrate, and phosphate; combined with Ultralith and UltraminS it provides a safe and easy method for maintaining extremely nutrient depleted water and amazing colours in a reef tank.

UltraBak is suitable for aquaria with of without Zeolite filtration

Dosing:

Daily 2 - 5 ml per 1000 L / 250 gal. depending on nutrient concentration and lifestock density. Please ask for advice!
Please do all changed in the aquarium slowly and carefully!

In older tanks with high nutrient concentrations please reduce the phosphate concentrations with Ultraphos before using UltraBak. Reduce the dose of UltraBak by 75 % and increase the dose every two weeks by 10 %. Monitor your water parameters very carefully. In case there are slimey films on the glass and/or the rocks, the dose is too high.

Contents:
Water, Calcium chloride, Magnesium sulfate, Potassium chloride, Ethylene acetate, Ethanol, Peptone, Tryptone, Histidine hydrochloride, D-Phenylalanine, L-Threonine, DL-Tryptonphane, DL-Valine, Thiamine chloride, Nicotinamide, Ribiflavine, Pridoxine hydrochloride, Cyanococobalamine, Sodiummethyl-4-hydroxybezoate, organic acids, trace elements.

This Amino Acid Vitamin solution was formulated for the recovery of stressed and weakened animals after import or disease. Due to its special formula it is taken up extremely fast. The build up of the mucus membrane is enhanced and through special care and nutrition formula the animals will be strengthened. Ultramin is specially suited for short-time baths or as constant supply into the quarantine or main tank as well as a nutritional supplement in fish food.
We are happy to advice you about this product.

Contents:

Water, Glucose monohydrate, Calcium chloride, Magnesium sulfate, Potassium chloride, Sodium acetate, L-Arginine chloride, Histidine hydrochloride, D-Phenylalanine, L-Threonine, DL-Tryptophane, DL-Valine, Thiamine chloride 100ml/L, Nicotinamide 1500 mg/L, Riboflavine 40 mg/L, Dexpanthenol,

Pridoxin hydrochloride 100 mg, Cyanococobalamin,

Natriummethyl4hydroxybenzoate, Phenole, and others.
Old 12-07-2009, 03:29 PM

Also I'll apologize in advance in case I come across as "difficult and negative" . I say I'm lazy but really I have slightly different thoughts on reef tanks then a lot of others.
I believe the ocean reefs are finely balanced systems with algae and bacteria playing equal roles. For my tank I've always strived for a balance between the two and sponges, other filter feeders, pods and worms are as important to me as the fish and corals.
I'm researching ultra lithe to find out if it will help me maintain that balance. I don't want a "low nutrient" system... I want a healthy one and I don't think they are the same thing

300g tank
Old 12-07-2009, 03:35 PM

The concept is without debate, we all want to provide what is natural. (sales hat on sorry - This is why i distribute FM becuase they only use natural elements where possible)

Sales hat off again - The only issue you will have is that our tanks do not have billions of gallons of fresh filtered sea water passing through them daily removing all negative nutrients, we have a captive environment where the bad guys will lurk and linger and build up over time in your system and this is where they then become an issue to remove when things get out of control.

In your case, absolutley do not go down the full nutrient route.

BUT

I would get your PO4 in check and nitrates (please report back) and then if required address these naturally with the bacterial elements bak and bio

After this as you are interested in filter feeders it would be good to look into Ultra Sea Fan and ultra min-S in very small doses to bring out all the micro life you wish to maintain.

Lets start at the beginning though, and show us your readings as advised to take above using PO4 heat test especially.

I will then endeavour to find the most natural solution for your system
Old 12-07-2009, 03:38 PM

In your second post you wrote
Quote:
Dosing:

.... The daily dose per 100 L of tank volume is 2 drops of UltraBio, half a tablespoon of UltraLife and 2 drops of UltraBio. ....
Is this a misprint?
and what is ultralife

300g tank
Old 12-07-2009, 03:41 PM

FM products can be used in conjunction with other FM products for different uses.

Dosing Bio with Ultra Life is a way of reducing nutrients and cyno outbreaks naturally.

Ultra life is a multi purpose clay binding agent, its pupose in the main is to bind the water bound nutrients for them to be skimmed out.

I have not gone down this route of explanation as yet as to not confuse you with too many products before we know what the issues (if any) are with your system
Old 12-07-2009, 03:43 PM

Also dec is an insanely busy time for me as a dog groomer so nothing will happen until the new year. I'm researching now so I know what to spend all my xmas gift certificates on

300g tank