Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics livestock related only)

Old 06-15-2010, 09:00 PM

Polscot is on a distinguished road

yeh i have a contact down in oregon that i get shipped to then shipped here.....even with shipping cost (which is by weight so not alot) its still less money. not fish though, they wouldent make the journey without mass stress
Old 06-15-2010, 09:10 PM

Zoaelite is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polscot View Post
yeh i have a contact down in oregon that i get shipped to then shipped here.....even with shipping cost (which is by weight so not alot) its still less money. not fish though, they wouldent make the journey without mass stress
Then why don't you do that? If you can get better prices in the states go ahead, I don't for a second believe Calgary is overpriced considering that there is a high over head to maintain a store front.

It's all about supply and demand, go to http://cherrycorals.com and then come back and complain about prices.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:11 PM

bro....calm down my post states that im looking to buy from private sellers, so id appreciate u not comming onto my post and flaming and being a jerk, if u have nothing to sell then u have nothing to say......thanx
Old 06-15-2010, 09:18 PM

Coleus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
bro....calm down my post states that im looking to buy from private sellers, so id appreciate u not comming onto my post and flaming and being a jerk, if u have nothing to sell then u have nothing to say......thanx
Me too that I find Calgary LFS has a very good price except for some. Also, you need to know what coral you are getting. They are not equally the same.

If you find that the state is cheaper then go for it :-), whatever makes you happy. You can also find great deal on frag from canreef members.

Again, I don't think it is right to comparing price in State and here. Just like you are comparing car price in state and here. Different business model need to be in place else there will be no LFS because they are losing money in rent, tax, etc.. :-)

Last edited by Coleus; 06-15-2010 at 09:28 PM.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:20 PM

coleus i agree,
Old 06-15-2010, 09:35 PM

Gaffer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Overnight shipping is pretty expensive no matter where it is from. I have been looking to order from a place in Washington and for a small shipment of zoa's it was going to be $80.

When you factor that in it essentially doubles the price of the livestock. I am not sure what it is like with the corals etc., but I know that customs has wanted to look closer at my dead exotic butterflies and that can hold them up for a long time.

Not so much of a problem with dried butterflies, but not good when it comes to livestock.

With that being said, I have bought stuff from local reefers that were a great deal, and command a higher price in bigger markets. Canreef has been a great resourse for that.

Andrew

Last edited by Gaffer; 06-15-2010 at 09:37 PM.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:43 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Quote:
WOW! It sounds like you have just as good a supply line as the LFS in the city! Not that I can compete with that but I do have some birdsnest frags I can offer ($0.10 a frag)
Old 06-15-2010, 09:46 PM

the contact i have is my rents live down there 9 months a year, so when i can get stuff is limited to when there in the area lol, thats why i decided to come on here, can u post any pics kien?
Old 06-15-2010, 09:48 PM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

Kein's prices have always been outrageous but keep your eyes open. There are deals to be had.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:49 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastlight View Post
Kein's prices have always been outrageous but keep your eyes open. There are deals to be had.
Seriously, don't buy anything from Kein! Way overpriced.. but I hear the guy is helpful sometimes.