Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Nano Tank Talk

Old 01-28-2013, 12:55 AM

craigwmiller is on a distinguished road

On my JBJ12 microbubbles was either low water level, or one time the hose from the pump up to the outlet had a small crack in it where air was sucked in by the passing water.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:57 PM

Beano1169 is on a distinguished road

awesome tahnks for the advice perhaps my hose is cracked at the moment. May I ask if you run a skimmer and if so where is it located? which camber if that is it sits in the back
Old 01-28-2013, 10:01 PM

craigwmiller is on a distinguished road

Yep skimmer -- the Oceanic one, works great for this tank (much better than it does in the oceanic BC 14 )

All in the photo:

Chamber 1: heater, bag of GFO, bag of Carbon
Chamber 2: skimmer
Chamber 3: chaeto (on a "tray" sitting on top of the pump)
Output: Hydor FLO rotating deflector

Water level in the back kept at the chamber 2->3 overflow level -- which is good for the chaeto and seems ideal for the skimmer... skimmer makes very thick buildup, not much liquid, which is ideal for such a small system.

Old 02-04-2013, 03:46 PM

Default Questions about nano chillers

Thanks that helped alot I tried it in C1 but its a bugger to deal with. I am doing my weekly change out tuesday, so I will swap er then haha.
I do have a question for anyone out there who uses Chillers on nano tanks, my tank at night sits at about 79.2 F recently I have discovered, that with the warmer weather if I do not take percautions to close my room door, the tank may get as high as 85.6 F. Im a little worried about this and would like to know the best solution to correct it, I am planning on an LED upgrade with stunnerpros from Modular but until then I need a solution.
Thanks for the help everyone, and hope to hear some responses soon.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:03 PM

Xadieu is on a distinguished road

If you are prepared to spend few hundreds on chiller then go for it, imo it's not worth it for nano tanks. Once you upgrade to LEDs it will help a bit with the temp. I would just move your tank or something.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:53 PM

Post fish or not to fish

Hey all, update on the tank staus. It has been going swimmingly hahaha but i have list a few corals along the way. Most recently a torch coral. The real reason I'm posting is I need help adding in a new fish to the tank. I have 3 sexy shrimp 2 females 1 male and the male ia quite small. I am concerned about what fish to add that would get along with thr sexy shrimp and the single firefish. In the tank. Please let me know.
Old 04-29-2013, 04:14 AM

I have a question. what is the best way to plot out a good colour scheme for my coral layout and also, how would I add extra sand/crushedcoral (if sand is too light with my pumps) and possibly attempt to rescape a bit more? suggestions very appreciated.