Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 04-26-2013, 01:20 AM

Nano is on a distinguished road
Default clearlycontacts.ca?

Probably not allowed to post this but I thought id give it a go as I saw quibids and other website reviews on here a while ago..

Anyway anyone try these guys before? I'm in the market for new glasses and prescription safety glasses and my quote from costco, as well as 2 optomitrists is well over $1000 lol(my prescription is huge, 6.25+R 5.25L prisms etc).. so if figured I'd look around a bit, which led me to my current predicament. Anyone who has tried them or knows someone who has please let me know, the review I've read online look ok but can you really trust anonymous people?

Thanks in advance

And sorry staff if posting this is a no no :-P
Old 04-26-2013, 01:32 AM

fubarhubar is on a distinguished road

I have bought all my contacts for the last 4 years from clearly contacts without a snag. Prices are great, they send reminders when I should be reordering and they have good pricing on sunglasses. I recommend them from personal experience.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:35 AM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nano View Post

And sorry staff if posting this is a no no :-P
Is this one of those "easier to ask forgiveness than it is permission"?
Old 04-26-2013, 01:40 AM

ckmullin is on a distinguished road

I've bought and quite happy.

I was able to get into a promotion for frames and lenses only $50...free shipping too. So not bad for a full prescription for only $50.

Look at places like smartcanucks.ca or redflagdeals.com etc for deals and specials. They just had a deal for a full package for something like $100.

Kiss those optometrists goodbye and save your $. I literally fought mine for my own prescription data as they wanted to keep it secret so I would 'have to' purchase from them...I told them I own that information, paid for it and have a legal right to view it.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:43 AM

Kevany is on a distinguished road

Both me and my wife ordered our precsciption glasses from Clearly contacts, and we could not be happier. I ordered mine when they had thier Boxing Day sale on, cost me $140.00 for brand name glasses with every option available for the lenses. My last pair I got from Costco, cost me over $350 with just the standard lenses. I would definatley recommend CC
Old 04-26-2013, 02:02 AM

Thanks for the replies so far guys, seems pretty consistent with what I'm reading online so far although I havent seen prescription safety glasses on there but I havent looked through them all yet. Either way my glasses would be $140 one there so if they don't have safety glasses I could easily eat the cost with what I'm saving through clearly contacts.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:17 AM

mrhasan is on a distinguished road

I also have very good experience with them Used their "completely free frame with glasses" offer once and I received the item as per as I ordered; in great packaging Oh and you get a free mini screw driver too (don't know whether everyone gives that for free over here) :P

You wouldn't want to see my tank. I don't use fancy equipment and I am a noob
Old 04-26-2013, 02:26 AM

ScubaSteve is on a distinguished road

My friend is the director for CC, so I know them probably too well. Great company, does great work. I don't wear glasses by all my friends who do order from the, and have nothing but good things to say.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaSteve View Post
My friend is the director for CC, so I know them probably too well. Great company, does great work. I don't wear glasses by all my friends who do order from the, and have nothing but good things to say.
Well this is great to know thanks! Now to pick a frame and try to get my prescription from my optometrist lol.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:44 AM

NU-2reef is on a distinguished road
Default I wouldn't if I were you

Your prescription is not that bad but having prism will make it difficult. If the optical centre of the lens is not directly in front of the pupil you can create a plus or minus effect of prism power. This will create a muscle imbalance causing a headache and discomfort and in the long run permanent fixation of the eye muscle. I assume this can be an issue when the person making the glasses has no idea how the frame fits to your face which means they will make it to the general centre of the frame. I can go on and on but my advise is don't do it. I'll be sending them back more often than actual use time.

If u really need to save the bucks and buy from them I suggest finding the frame design u like and try them on in a local store and kindly ask if the optician would mark the lens for your eyes and take all needed measurement so you can provide these to cc contacts.

I am an optician by the way. This is the same advise I would give my family.

Clearly contacts are bettr for contacts and simple prescriptions.
Cheers