Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics livestock related only)

Old 07-17-2010, 03:45 AM

super_deeduper is on a distinguished road
Default New to Saltwater Need EVERYTHING

I have been doing a lot of research and am ready to tackle a marine aquarium for my self - beginner but wanting to set up a 100 g (+/-) tank with sump - looking for someone wanting to get rid of some of their equipment/stock - have nothing right now - advice welcomed - need to buy EVERYTHING Located in Calgary AB

Last edited by super_deeduper; 07-17-2010 at 03:46 AM. Reason: did not state location
Old 07-17-2010, 03:46 AM

Eb0la11 is on a distinguished road

I have some beginner corals if you are thinking of going with a reef tank once you are ready.
Old 07-17-2010, 04:06 AM

Very interested thank you... Just need to get the tank first
Old 07-17-2010, 04:08 AM

ElGuappo is on a distinguished road

keep your eyes open there is always a deal or two to be had here... also lots of tanks for sale in edmonton right now if you can handle the drive...
72 Gallon Bowfront Reef.. Hardware:2x250w Luminex Elite HQI Reflectors (Phoenix Hexarc Bulbs), Galaxy 2x250w Electronic ballast, Euroreef 130 Skimmer, Sedra KSP 7000 Retern... Live Stock: Pair of Hawaiian Flame Wrasse, Leopard Wrasse, Pink Streaked Wrasse, Pair True Percula Clowns, Potters Angel, African Flameback Angel, Orange Fin Tomini Tang, Yellow Assessor, Tailspot Blenny, Purple Firefish..

45 G FW Asain Barb Community tank.

Old 07-17-2010, 04:48 AM

fencer is on a distinguished road

Get an idea on how much you want to budget...once the horse is out of the barn hard to keep it in....

Seriously ask more questions here before you spend. There are many good deals to be had on this forum
Old 07-17-2010, 04:54 AM

Default Advice?

What do you think is a reasonable price to pay for a 100 ish gallon tank, stand and all equipment?
Old 07-17-2010, 05:35 AM

meenamjah is on a distinguished road

that really depends on the type of equipment... probably best to be patient, because quite a few full systems come up for sale at a really good price...
Old 07-17-2010, 05:36 AM

Coleus is on a distinguished road

very hard to say because depend on the equipment. There are huge difference in price between a vortech and koralia power head. Bubble King vs Aquamedic skimmer, etcc...

I would say for a decent setup, $700-$1000 should get you one system from some one who wants to get out of this hobby
Old 07-18-2010, 05:05 AM

Wayne is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coleus View Post
very hard to say because depend on the equipment. There are huge difference in price between a vortech and koralia power head. Bubble King vs Aquamedic skimmer, etcc...

I would say for a decent setup, $700-$1000 should get you one system from some one who wants to get out of this hobby
Sure wish I had bought someone elses system... I went all new for most of my stuff... Never again

I definatly recommend finding someone whos is moving or "shutting down" and selling a complete system. Even if you don't like the fish, corals or equipment you can change/trade/sell, whenever you want. Most people have $5000+ into an aquarium that size and they usually sell for less than a $1000 (Which doesn't even cover the stand, sump and aquarium)

Also do as much research as possible on anything you can get your hands on. You should know that this can be very addictive aswell, so be prepared to attend AA (Aquarium Addict) meetings and interventions

Good luck!
Old 07-18-2010, 05:37 AM

Milad is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Milad

my 180g has probably cost me 5000-6000 i think. it adds up really fast!! be careful

Tags
advice, beginner, buy/sell, saltwater