Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 08-15-2010, 09:10 PM

sphelps is on a distinguished road

I guess it depends what you buy. My car stores all kinds of info in the key fob, including maintenance records, average millage and even driving style. It's also very easy to tell when a car is been abused or babied. The warranty also covers everything bumper to bumper, even the shinyness of the paint

And that new car feeling fades fast, especially after you bought a 2011 civic si and find out your friend just got a loaded 2007 335i BMW for close to the same price. Or when you get hail damage or when your wife drives it into the garage

Money is only money but value is whole new ball game and I'll take the feeling I got the most for my money over a new car feeling any day.

Last edited by sphelps; 08-15-2010 at 09:12 PM.
Old 08-15-2010, 10:37 PM
Rest In Peace

Doug has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom R View Post
It may cost you a little more for new, however there is nothing like a new car. It is only money. If you have never had a new car then treat yourself to the feeling.

As you have had your last car for 10 years I think that the cost of new and owning for 10 years works out to being very close to buying used and keeping it for a shorter period of time.

I would never buy a car that has been in accident, they never feel the same after an accident. They certainly never have that new car feeling.

Treat yourself you only live once.
In total agreement. But then thats also why after I retired once, I now work again.
Old 08-15-2010, 11:08 PM

Veng68 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTang<3 View Post
+1 Being a mechanic my self i see a lot. The saying good from far but far from good. You can never tell what was done to the vehicle in maintenance or how it was driven.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Fork View Post

Yes, a car depreciates the most in the first 2 years of its life hence the "deals" you see when buying used. However for me, it's ALWAYS offset by the fact that you have no idea what kind of maintenance the previous owner did. They might've put that 40,000 km's on without a single oil change. Sure you can buy or negotiate an extended warranty from the dealership but if you read the fine print they never cover everything.
This is why I am buying new............ plus I will probably hold on to it for 20 years......... or however long it lasts.

Cheers,
Vic