Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-04-2013, 05:02 AM

mrhasan is on a distinguished road
Default Salifert test kits: good accuracy but terrible quality

So I spent $100 on getting Ca, Alk and Mg test kits from saliferts since I had to start dosing and need accurate values.

Well the accuracy is really good. I am very pleased with that. But I would say after spending $100 on three tests kits, I was expecting great quality.

Well, I have never written any review with such utter disgust but I have to write:

I have NEVER EVER seen such garbage quality stuff during my reefing. Even stuffs from generic non-brand chinese stuffs rank higher in my book than Salifert's equipments! The writings on the titration syringe went off after using few tests. Like seriously?!?!?! The markings on the syringe to pull out saltwater also going away. The droppers are worse than ever, particularly the bulky Ca solution. And about the number of tests written on it? Well I don't want to comment on it yet but I am 111100000% sure those numbers are lies.

Seriously, I have never ever ever been ****ed on any product! Even the test tubes and the droppers of APIs are much much better than these!

In the end, when I spend $100 for three test kits, I have the right to expect it to be top quality.

Salifert's quality is a piece of JUNK! Period!

Accuracy: 9/10 (the chart gives only the even number pointers; have to do average to get the values corresponding the odd number marks)
Quality: -100/10

You wouldn't want to see my tank. I don't use fancy equipment and I am a noob