Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics livestock related only)

Old 07-02-2015, 04:58 AM
Salt Poller

r212019 is on a distinguished road
Default New rules?

Does this mean that I can only make three more posts this year? If this is the case, this forum is going to become a ghost town.

Maybe it's just me, but why try to fix something that isn't broken. For me I enjoy logging onto canreef every day and seeing new posts and what is out there for sale/trade. Personally, I wouldn't even mind seeing more stuff posted rather than less. Hopefully I misunderstood the rule change

Happy reefing
Old 07-02-2015, 05:06 AM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Sorry, you missed the show today and we're all done talking about it for the day.
Old 07-02-2015, 05:06 AM

Coral Hoarder is on a distinguished road

I agree with this I frag my zoa garden at least 4 times a year and get 30 ish frags in just zoas 20 per post is decent but 4 posts a year realy isnt sufficient mabie like 8 posts a year? I use canreef mainly for buy and sell I do check out tank journals and answer the odd question but for information it's easyer to go to a biger fourm. with out as many buy sell people canreef will surely decrease in population then sponsors and sooner or later gost town just like bcaquaria.com
Old 07-02-2015, 05:13 AM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

We'll see how it goes. If it doesn't work out the way we planned it, we'll look at it.
Old 07-02-2015, 05:18 AM

Coralgurl is on a distinguished road

I'm in the process of shutting down my tank and read the new rules (and today's drama). My plan is to hold my tank and equipment and give things a year to decide whether or not to start back up.

The forum always slows over the summer, but I'm now thinking of selling off everything as this has always been a great place to buy/sell, im not sure it will be around in a year. With the frustration others have demonstrated with the change in rules, long time, active, valued members banned, I doubt many will return. This hurts the forum as the experience goes with them, which is what this forum was when I first joined.

Based on what I read today, I hope the mods will reconsider this change and if it appears someone is commercially selling frags or running a basement business, deal with that individual, and leave the rest of the community to enjoy the hobby. Just my 0.02.
Old 07-02-2015, 05:29 AM

camaro7019 is on a distinguished road
I agree with all the posts. I login hourly to check if new frags are for sale and i enjoy looking at all the different types. I dont sell frags right now. I just purchase them. This will really hurt my ability to buy corals because people are not going to be posting them because they cant. And that upsets me cause i need more coral!!!
Old 07-02-2015, 05:30 AM
Just a guy..

See, the problem is that when we try to deal with it individually, like we did with Denny, he went f'ning nuts and is trying to screw us over. We're now at a point where he's offering a reward to disrupt the board because he's too egotistical to accept that we can't have a commercial seller posting as a hobbyist. So instead of graciously accepting that his business can't operate here for free, he freaks out, builds his own site, offers a reward to mess with Canreef and now I have a sh1t ton more work to do. Do I have to do this with every single instance every year? I can't. So we makes rules and guidelines. And people like Denny affect all members. Want to be mad? Be mad at people like him. Canreef is so awesome while he's raking in the bucks, but as soon as we attempt to deal with it, he goes off the deep end. Same reason he got canned from his job. Too much self importance.

Now, if you want to sell things, sell things. Tank shut downs are not affected. Hardware is not affected. And yes, we will be here next year. I'm really sick of people suggesting this. It started 15 years ago with the first rule nobody liked. Then every year after. Oh, Canreef will be gone. Pfft. No, it won't. And if it ever does, you can call Denny and people like him and thank them personally.

We now have to deal with all this garbage, messing around with good guys like Ryan and Nick and Jesse and Kelly, the list goes on. We want to help the hobby, we want to help all of the community, but FFS, we need some help back. We try to make some rules that gives some responsibility to the members, while minimally affecting their sales and other activities. We do our best with what we have. We can't work miracles, we can't implement every idea thrown at us every day, and the ones we can take time.

So you know what? Be here, follow the rules, even if they suck. If they suck for too many people they will get changed. If they just suck for you and you can't accept that, go somewhere else.

Now I'm in **** with my wife for spending the entire f'ing day dealing with this crap, and I'm going to ban more people. Or kill something. Or eat ice cream. One of those....
Old 07-02-2015, 05:38 AM

somafish is on a distinguished road

Whoa..... stuff just got real
Old 07-02-2015, 05:39 AM
Darth Moderator

WarDog will become famous soon enough

You guys have gone and made Brad snap... now you've done it!!!

BTW... nicely said Brad!
Old 07-02-2015, 05:40 AM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
Now I'm in **** with my wife for spending the entire f'ing day dealing with this crap, and I'm going to ban more people. Or kill something. Or eat ice cream. One of those....
Ugh, tell me about it. I had a simple plumbing job to do today, and instead of an hour, it took me 6 hours because of all this "fun". Now I'm up late watching my new tank for leaks.

Brad, try tea. Tea is good for calming. I'm drinking Sleepy Time now...

SPS fanatic.