Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 03-08-2013, 05:24 PM

Bblinks is on a distinguished road

Got home yesterday and the puddle presists. After a busy evening with the kids I finally got them into bed and immediately I started my investigation of this illusive leak. I tighten all the fitting and bulk heads like every mentioned and sat back down to plan out my nightmareish weekend ahead of me but to my surprise the drip has stopped. God what a relief, I was so close to taking a bat to the whole tank, although it would've made a even bigger mess but that was my mind frame at the time. Its was funny I checked all around the fitting yesterday and the bulk head but I guess it was such a small leak, it was jsut hard to detect. regardless its sealed for now. Thanks for all the concerns from the canreef community. You guys are amazing!

300DD - 140DD

TOTM Fall 2013
Old 03-08-2013, 05:39 PM

Ginu is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bblinks View Post
Got home yesterday and the puddle presists. After a busy evening with the kids I finally got them into bed and immediately I started my investigation of this illusive leak. I tighten all the fitting and bulk heads like every mentioned and sat back down to plan out my nightmareish weekend ahead of me but to my surprise the drip has stopped. God what a relief, I was so close to taking a bat to the whole tank, although it would've made a even bigger mess but that was my mind frame at the time. Its was funny I checked all around the fitting yesterday and the bulk head but I guess it was such a small leak, it was jsut hard to detect. regardless its sealed for now. Thanks for all the concerns from the canreef community. You guys are amazing!
Awesome, good to hear.
Now i can stop by and grab some frags... something is messing up my tank and sps is not very happy... cant figure out what the problem is, guess i"m going to test again once I get home tonight.

So far i lost a 5" pocchi small colony in less than a day... came home and it was a skeleton...
Old 03-08-2013, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
Awesome, good to hear.
Now i can stop by and grab some frags... something is messing up my tank and sps is not very happy... cant figure out what the problem is, guess i"m going to test again once I get home tonight.

So far i lost a 5" pocchi small colony in less than a day... came home and it was a skeleton...

Maybe I can stop by and take a look at your system next week some time if you want.

300DD - 140DD

TOTM Fall 2013
Old 03-08-2013, 07:14 PM

Reef Pilot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
You sure like to scare us, don't you,... with the new leak, and all the crazy talk. But glad it's all under control again,... and you're back to normal.

It is not surprising to have a small leak with all the changes and plumbing you had to do with your bulkheads and new sump. Any time there is a change, that is always a risk, and could be problems. But hopefully, they are minor and easily fixable.

Hope you get a chance to relax now, and enjoy that beautiful tank again.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:30 PM

Chowder is on a distinguished road

WOW what ride. Sorry to hear about all your problems . Good to hear they are getting solved.

Chris
Old 03-08-2013, 07:52 PM

Ginu is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Maybe I can stop by and take a look at your system next week some time if you want.

Sounds good, but I'd have to warn you... its nothing compared to what you have running
Old 03-08-2013, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowder View Post
WOW what ride. Sorry to hear about all your problems . Good to hear they are getting solved.

Thanks buddy, almost didn't make it. :shame:

Chris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
Sounds good, but I'd have to warn you... its nothing compared to what you have running
Glad to help.

300DD - 140DD

TOTM Fall 2013
Old 03-09-2013, 03:12 AM

hillegom is on a distinguished road

Glad you fixed the problem.
I sure didn't want you to quit.
Old 03-09-2013, 06:35 AM

Azzkr is on a distinguished road

Thats good news been a crazy couple weeks for you. Things are on the up and up now.
Old 03-09-2013, 06:42 AM
On Hiatus

gregzz4 will become famous soon enough

If he quit, I'd pit my 170lbs against his rather larger body in an effort to change his mind

Maybe it wouldn't get me far, but it might make him re-think things

OK, now I've just opened up a whole area for someone like Kien to jump in with the comments ....