Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 08-17-2008, 03:15 PM

cprowler is on a distinguished road

I think this is the best way to do it. Is it perfect? Absolutely not but I think it the lesser of two evils.

A lot of people are shy and/or anti-confrontational especially other cultures and won’t participate if it is not anonymous. I know people that have been members on CR for years and years that have never posted and only became members just so they can PM and buy stuff from the buy & sell forums.

What was stopping people from vendettas and grudges in a PM? They are basically anonymous, only the person receiving them can see them not the vendors or anyone else. At least this way it is monitored to some extent.

If anything I would think this may be more accurate than starting a thread, “PM me with your experiences with vendor X”. A lot of people might not take the time to reply with positive or negative feedback.

IMO
Old 08-17-2008, 05:17 PM

wickedfrags is on a distinguished road

Kindly remove wickedfrags.com from this vendor rating forum until controls are in place to ensure people leaving comments are accountable for their comments.

Like some others, I have spent considerable time time trying to establish an online feedback system on canada.frags.org which I provide a link to in my signature attached to every post I make (you can click on it below...)

Individuals who leave any type of feedback on this system (either above or below the average feedback rating) can be traced back to their username, IP address and network card from the computer they used. I can then find out if they are in fact a customer or simply a loyal customer of another sponsor, again, should I see fit under the circumstances. Thanks.
Old 08-17-2008, 05:19 PM
Staff

christyf5 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedfrags.com View Post
Kindly remove wickedfrags.com from this vendor rating forum until controls are in place to ensure people leaving comments are accountable for their comments.
Will do.

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.
Old 08-17-2008, 05:22 PM

wickedfrags is on a distinguished road

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by christyf5 View Post
Will do.
Old 08-17-2008, 05:26 PM

Chaloupa is on a distinguished road

I think it's great....I have to agree with Aquattro...I may not like the service I had with a vendor and I am not about to continue to hash it out in public with that vendor. I would hope that people would be honest, can't ask for more than that. I think for the mod's this is the easiest way (as they do have day jobs and LIVES other than Canreef) and does provide the members of Canreef with "something" to work from without dragging arguments into it.

And again, buyer beware....if you read the stats, post a thread asking people to PM you with personal experience with "such and such" vendor...you can't ask for more...it's more than we had a week ago!

Thanks to the Mods for putting something in place to help!

Old 08-17-2008, 05:31 PM
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaloupa View Post
I think for the mod's this is the easiest way (as they do have day jobs and LIVES other than Canreef)
What? We do?? Damn! I need to get one of those life thingys! *sigh*

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.
Old 08-17-2008, 05:36 PM

Chaloupa is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by christyf5 View Post
What? We do?? Damn! I need to get one of those life thingys! *sigh*
Oh whoops...that's right. Amend that last post to say "and all but Christy have day jobs and LIVES"

Old 08-17-2008, 05:50 PM
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaloupa View Post
Oh whoops...that's right. Amend that last post to say "and all but Christy have day jobs and LIVES"
well I have a day job now but I'm still working on getting a life

My 180 Build

Old 08-17-2008, 06:58 PM

sphelps is on a distinguished road

Christy, can you remove the vendor rating forum for Engineered Aquariums as well. Although I like the idea I don't think it has been setup appropriately.

I have worked very hard making sure every customer I've had is 100% happy. To the best of my knowledge I've never had an unsatisfied customer and yet someone has voted stating they are very unsatisfied and I'm completely powerless to correct this. If a customer was unhappy I would do everything in my power to change that even if it meant a full refund. I highly doubt that this voter was a customer bur rather some random member with some kind of grudge regarding an unrelated issue.

The major problem with the system is that anyone can vote, only customers of that vendor should be able to vote. This seems like cruel and unusual punishment towards us vendors, I don't think we all need to suffer as a result of one bad egg.

Thanks,
Steven Phelps

On another note, I welcome feedback from actual customers. If you have any issues or concerns with any of my products please contact me directly. After that if you are still unsatisfied feel free to post publicly.
Old 08-17-2008, 07:28 PM

fencer is on a distinguished road

What I might suggest to vendors is that they email out a satisfaction/performance survey to each customer they sell to or deal with, surely this cannot be too much to ask. Or is it? This also provides proof that they asked if the customer was happy or not.