Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > British Columbia > Lower Mainland

Old 10-22-2012, 04:49 PM

reptile guy is on a distinguished road
Default Jim from OA

Hey everyone. This is Jim from Ocean Aquatics. I don't post on here too often but figured I would do a post so if anyone needs to get hold of me for anything. I'm hoping the stores closing hasn't affected too many people and am sorry to anyone it has. Im largely an employee who had shares in the company so a lot of things are out of my hand but don't want to leave any customers hanging if it's avoidable. So if there's anything I can do feel free to contact me and I'll try my best to help out. I've met a lot of good people and made some great friends working at OA that I know will continue past it. If anyone wants to stay in touch you now know where to find me and please pass my info along to anyone wanting to contact me. I'm a hobbyist so I'm sure I'll bump into some of you on my pet store runs lol
Old 10-22-2012, 06:19 PM

apexifd is on a distinguished road
Talking

Can I post your cell phone number and home address??

purple tang, sohal tang, yellow eye kole tang, fairy wrasse. cleaner wrasse, leopard wrasse, and misc fish.

GHL Mitras 6200HV X 2, MP40 X 2, MP60 X 1, tunze 6095 X 2, Vertex RX6 calcium reactor, Bubble King SM250, Aquamaxx bio pellets reactor, Profilux 3
Old 10-22-2012, 06:22 PM

It's bad enough you have it lol. You can be my secretary and screen all my calls .
Old 10-22-2012, 06:30 PM

cyberdude47 is on a distinguished road

I didn't realize they closed. May I ask why?
Old 10-22-2012, 06:39 PM

I don't know if that's for me to say as it's Wendell's company. There was a few things at play and unfortunately it wasn't by choice. There were lots of things I would have loved to address and improve upon but we weren't in a position to do it unfortunately
Old 10-22-2012, 07:18 PM

jjntm is on a distinguished road

well that sux.... that was the only place I could get my reef crystals from....
Old 10-22-2012, 07:24 PM

Reef Pilot is on a distinguished road

How much did location play re the store's problems? Seems to me that a store that is big in corals needs a good location, so customers can drop by frequently to see what is new.

I am in Langley, and boy, do we need a salt water store (a real one) badly. Used to visit Fishworld probably once a week when Nick was there. It was a tough retail location, too, but at least I didn't have to drive 45 minutes to a store.

And Paul's place in Aldergrove is out of the way, too. Doesn't help that almost every time I decide to take a drive out there, he is temporarily closed for some reason.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:48 PM

Bblinks is on a distinguished road

Thank you Jim for letting us know, you have always been a great help. Its a shame to see a great store close but sometimes it just happens. I know for a fact that you will be missed. If you like I can give out your cell number so everyone can call you direct..... jokes.

300DD - 140DD

TOTM Fall 2013
Old 10-22-2012, 08:58 PM

jjntm is on a distinguished road

OA not having some form of a closing out sale?
Old 10-22-2012, 09:07 PM

I don't want to get into all the details surrounding why we've closed that's not for me to address. This post is more about helping any customer in whatever way I can so there not left hanging and so they know how to get hold of me. That said the location was an issue for some people.

I hear a lots happening in and around Langley. I've heard of a store possibly opening in Cloverdale and potentially another in Langley. Have also found out the Petland on Fraser Hwy will be doing salt again and that Mike from Hidden reef is working there again and running it. You may be over run with saltwater in the future lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reef Pilot View Post
How much did location play re the store's problems? Seems to me that a store that is big in corals needs a good location, so customers can drop by frequently to see what is new.

I am in Langley, and boy, do we need a salt water store (a real one) badly. Used to visit Fishworld probably once a week when Nick was there. It was a tough retail location, too, but at least I didn't have to drive 45 minutes to a store.

And Paul's place in Aldergrove is out of the way, too. Doesn't help that almost every time I decide to take a drive out there, he is temporarily closed for some reason.