Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 07-04-2012, 06:59 AM

hexbasher is on a distinguished road
Default Fragalot = Scamalot

Me and two coworkers did an order last week..we ordered on jun 22 and asked for it to show up on the 29th

showed up alright, packaged OK, dry box, styrofoam lined box

no heat pack, nothing labled (i even asked for one particular zoa frag to be marked)

Two LPS were missing all together...4 of the 5 LPS i ordered were wrong (my teal candycane was a green, translucent hammer was a purple tipped frogspawn, purple octo was a green/purple tip frogspawn, and my torch was supost to be a yellow tip, and got a cream brown tip) the picture of the Bubble coral i ordered shows a possibly BLUE BUBBLE but gives no description of color, and i got a white bubble, that is slowly showing green and red colors under the attinics, so im happy about that..and BIG too

we ordered 10 zoa frags...8 of them went home with me to grow and frag...only 3 have opened so far and dont really look like anything we ordered but they;ll change over time...

i sent an email to Fragalot last Friday I believe and havent received a response...(i sent afew questions prior to the order and received responses within 24hrs)

this happen to anyone else? its our first online coral order and we're all sour about it now
Old 07-04-2012, 07:22 AM

reefan is on a distinguished road

Don't paint all online vendors with the same brush. Fragalot has a poor track record that is inconsistant at best but there are others who are good and a few who are outstanding. I try to support the Canreef vendors and do most of my online frag purchases through Coralmaster, great product, great after sale service and everything is always marked what it is on the bags and I always get what I ordered.
Old 07-04-2012, 07:22 AM

RuGlu6 is on a distinguished road

Sorry to hear about you bad experience.
However Yes, this did happen, many times before, i wish you have searched this site BEFORE ordering.

How many more pple will be pi**ed of before we all learn?
Time and time again news like that come up and yet still someone else orders from there and surprise! ...one more unhappy customer...

But let me tell you, it could have been Much worse, sound like you at least got something.

If you want corals on line "Snappy" & "CoralMaster" is way to go.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Xns3mMGw2f...0/scamalot.jpg

Last edited by RuGlu6; 07-04-2012 at 07:27 AM.
Old 07-04-2012, 07:33 AM

hexbasher is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuGlu6 View Post
However Yes, this did happen, many times before, i wish you have searched this site BEFORE ordering.
me too.....did a google search for "fragalot" after we got the screwed up order, first or second result was from Canreef saying fragalot sucks donkey balls

we did a fragalot order cus i found their site 2 years ago. My foreman and I jusyt always wanted to do an order through them

ive been a member of site for a while now just started checking it out after afew people I've met at LFSs told me to check this place out
Old 07-04-2012, 08:32 AM

Reefie is on a distinguished road

+1000

There was a reason why f@galot was banned from Canreef. Bblinks and I got burned on a $450 order last year.

Coralmaster is the ONLY way to go in my books!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuGlu6 View Post

How many more pple will be pi**ed of before we all learn?
Time and time again news like that come up and yet still someone else orders from there and surprise! ...one more unhappy customer...

But let me tell you, it could have been Much worse, sound like you at least got something.

If you want corals on line "Snappy" & "CoralMaster" is way to go.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Xns3mMGw2f...0/scamalot.jpg

Old 07-04-2012, 08:37 AM

Claudia is on a distinguished road

Is good to know because i have seen group orders here to buy from them and i thought they were a good place to buy.
Good to know so it can b avoided
Old 07-04-2012, 12:21 PM

paddyob is on a distinguished road

It sounds like you got the right corals, just not as vivid as your computer screen.

As for missing. I dont know.

Bad rep for sure. No question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hexbasher View Post
Me and two coworkers did an order last week..we ordered on jun 22 and asked for it to show up on the 29th

showed up alright, packaged OK, dry box, styrofoam lined box

no heat pack, nothing labled (i even asked for one particular zoa frag to be marked)

Two LPS were missing all together...4 of the 5 LPS i ordered were wrong (my teal candycane was a green, translucent hammer was a purple tipped frogspawn, purple octo was a green/purple tip frogspawn, and my torch was supost to be a yellow tip, and got a cream brown tip) the picture of the Bubble coral i ordered shows a possibly BLUE BUBBLE but gives no description of color, and i got a white bubble, that is slowly showing green and red colors under the attinics, so im happy about that..and BIG too

we ordered 10 zoa frags...8 of them went home with me to grow and frag...only 3 have opened so far and dont really look like anything we ordered but they;ll change over time...

i sent an email to Fragalot last Friday I believe and havent received a response...(i sent afew questions prior to the order and received responses within 24hrs)

this happen to anyone else? its our first online coral order and we're all sour about it now

My 70 Gallon build:

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=66478

My Mandarin Paradise:

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=72762

I wonder... does anyone care enough to read signatures if you make them really small? I would not. I would probably moan and complain, read three words and swear once or twice. But since you made it this far, please rate my builds.
Old 07-04-2012, 12:27 PM

wickedfrags is on a distinguished road

there are no online stores in Ontario right now I would recommend, which is a shame since we have a tremendous amount of wickedly nice livestock......

you always label the bags and always ship what people ordered....coralmaster is the only reputable true online place to shop in canada to my knowledge.
Old 07-04-2012, 12:44 PM

jorjef is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedfrags View Post
coralmaster is the only reputable true online place to shop in canada to my knowledge.
For SPS, what are the non SPS people like me to do. I have had some great success with Fragalot recently, mostly with larger colonies of euphyllias. If you deal with him with respect when issues come up he is more than than willing to fix the problem, trash him online and I wouldn't expect stellar service. Personally I don't think being out a shade or two of color warrants complaining online. I can go from home computer to work computer to my Black Berry and look at the same picture of a coral and get three different representations of the color...Oh FYI, I wasn't referring to wickedfrags about complaining. Just the fact there are very few online dealers for Canada

Last edited by jorjef; 07-04-2012 at 12:57 PM.
Old 07-04-2012, 01:33 PM

MarkoD is on a distinguished road

lol i posted a bad review about frag a lot a month ago and people bashed me and defended them.