Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics livestock related only)

Old 12-17-2008, 05:05 PM

Pier Pressure is on a distinguished road
Default Anemone Explosion...

Hi, everyone. Long story short - bought one of those beautiful rose bubble tip anemones when Golds had them in stock with the bright blue and yellow carpets a while back. My carribean crab started hosting in it right away and she did well for about two weeks. Then I could not find her. Next thing I know I have dozens of little baby rbtas popping up all over the place. They range in size from a dime to about a loonie and I would like to sell them at say $10 a pop or trade for good low-light frags.

I also have a green bubble tip anemone that was about the size of a dime when I put it in about six months ago and it is now the size of a small softball. The carribean crab is hosting it and my wild perc is fighting with him for the right to the anemone. We changed the flow up a little bit and wham - next thing I know he has split in two overnight. I am going to keep the two green ones for a while, but the roses have got to go as they are popping up around my brain and other corals and I do not want to see the corals damaged.

Let me know if you are interested. I live pretty close to downtown in Calgary. I would like to say you can pick and choose whichever one you want - but unless you know a good way to remove them easily I have to say whatever comes easiest off my rocks.

Also, I have these babies under only PC lighting so they are bound to colour up a lot better for those of you who have better - which I am sure is most of you.

Send PM - I am online on and off throughout the day. I do not have any pictures of the tank. Thank you and have a great day!
Old 12-17-2008, 05:08 PM

simba is on a distinguished road

pmd
Old 12-17-2008, 05:22 PM

Phanman is on a distinguished road

pm'd

3x20g Display Established June 08|Koralia nano, 1, 4|Euroreef Skimmer|250W MH retro kit|Mag 18 return|RODI
120g Display Established Jan 1, 09|Vortech MP40|Koralia 4|I-Tech 100 w Tunze 9410.04A|Aquactinics Constellation 7x54W|Mag 18 return|RODI
Old 12-17-2008, 06:07 PM
Fishgirl

Pm'd
Old 12-17-2008, 06:16 PM

All pm's replied to. Holy anemone-lovers in this city!
Old 12-17-2008, 06:42 PM

I think I should mention that pick-up of the nems will not be occurring until after New Years. I am swamped with renos and the holiday season and did not expect such an overwhelming response! They will be fine in my tank for another couple of weeks.

So let me know your phone number, how many you want, and what you have to trade if trading is what you want to do, and I shall contact everyone after New Years. Thanks!
Old 12-17-2008, 06:58 PM

Barrett.Oliver is on a distinguished road

pm'd
Old 12-17-2008, 08:35 PM

All of the nems have now been tentatively sold pending pick up the first week of 2009. I shall let you know if any of the sales/trades fall through.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:10 PM

I am having some issues with scheduling so many pick ups so here is what I would like to do. Pick up of the anemones will occur on Sunday, between noon and five, if that works for most of you. The biggest anemone and another one that is on a small rock have already been traded, so first come first serve to pick from the rest.

I have had many emails saying "save the biggest one for me" etc. Preference was given to the one person who wanted to do some trading. I shall email the people who are on the original list with my address and telephone number, and hopefully you can come on Sunday and pick up a baby nem. The biggest will still be in my tank but for display purposes only.

I hope this works for everyone because I am not running an anemone business here and am just trying to do this as easily as possible. Hope to see you Sunday!
Old 01-09-2009, 06:30 PM

Okay so I am still getting emails from people who are saying they will be at my place at 11:55, they do not want to come later because they think somebody else will get bigger ones, etc. I already traded the loonie-sized guy and he is still in my tank for display so you can see how they look a little bigger. What is left is mostly dime and end-of-pencil sized and it does not matter what time you show up - the nems that are moving first will be the ones that are easiest to get to and come off the rock easiest. I am not moving my rock work all around and endangering my livestock because somebody wants "that cute one at the back".

So if you want a dime or pencil eraser-sized nem for $10 feel free to stop by. If you are looking for the loonie sized it is already traded. If you do not show up, I have a secondary list of people who are interested. Wow - I have logged over a hundred emails just to try to give these little baby nems a home! Hoping to see you Sunday!