Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 06-01-2015, 04:54 PM
Darth Moderator

WarDog will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myka View Post
I think we talked about it already, but what's PO4 at? Brown SPS is either light or PO4 or in some cases flow. If PO4 is undetectable, have you double checked with another kit? Doesn't hurt. Which Zeo additives are you currently using?
According to salifert PO4 is .03. Also 0.03 on Hanna Phosphorus.

Only using Bak, Start and sponge power. Used ZeoFood7 once, but saw an increase in diatoms and algae, so I haven't used it since.

Like you said Mindy, it's just a waiting game at this point. I can live with that.
Old 06-01-2015, 07:10 PM

xtaze is on a distinguished road

let them diatoms and algea be.. worst theyll do is removes the phosphate and silicates
LPS dominant mixed reef
Old 06-05-2015, 07:33 PM

Ginu is on a distinguished road

I missed this thread until Gregzz4 mentioned it last night...

I am in the same boat as I started zeovit with my new 120 - read a bit through my thread although I haven't updated it in a while...

What kind of rock are you using in the tank and how old is it?
Also I've noticed when starting zeo, the system can be quite shaky and that's most likely due to the change in the type of bacteria.
I started with dry rock from Eli and could not be happier with the quality and how it all turned out.. my tank is only 6 months old and its algae free (besides some valonia which I don't know I will attack this)

What kind of sand are you using? was it dead or live? with Zeo its recommended to run dead argonite sand as it helps with the reproduction of beneficial bacteria.. live sand can be very problematic with zeo

what is your dosing schedule/rocks/carbon and how big is your system (net)... are you running the reactor on a on/off every three hours? how many stones and what flow?

Also keep in mind in marine aquariums patience is key... only bad things happen over night in this hobby and sometimes you just need to wait things out

What does your zeobak smell like and how do you store it? I also recommend getting a bottle of Coral Vitalizer and dose that as well as it doesn't add Nitrates/Phosphates to the tank.
Old 06-05-2015, 07:47 PM
Darth Moderator

Wow... lots of questions that I will have to address when I get home. For now all I can say is I've tried to everything recommend by KZ. Also talking with other members via PM and still working it out. Zeo is a tricky system with every single tank being different.

I have also considered starting a Zeo sub forum here for members to hash it out there, as the official zeo forum is just too big with far too much conflicting information IMHO.
Old 06-05-2015, 07:54 PM
LOVES STAR WARS... mostly Ewoks and Porgs.

hunggi74 is on a distinguished road

Hi Wardog. I'm in or was in the same boat as you. I run a 57 gallon basic Zeo system and am starting to see great results after 2 months. Too long to get into the story here but PM me and maybe swing by on the weekend to check the tank out and I'd love to tell you what I went through and what I did.
And Albert should be everyone's go to zeo guy in the GVRD. He's the west coast G Alexander!
Old 06-05-2015, 07:57 PM
Darth Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunggi74 View Post
Hi Wardog. I'm in or was in the same boat as you. I run a 57 gallon basic Zeo system and am starting to see great results after 2 months. Too long to get into the story here but PM me and maybe swing by on the weekend to check the tank out and I'd love to tell you what I went through and what I did.
And Albert should be everyone's go to zeo guy in the GVRD. He's the west coast G Alexander!
Thanks for the offer Hunggi, I'll let you know... and yeah, I've been told Albert is the local Zeo Wizard.
Old 06-05-2015, 09:00 PM

Ginu is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarDog View Post
Wow... lots of questions that I will have to address when I get home. For now all I can say is I've tried to everything recommend by KZ. Also talking with other members via PM and still working it out. Zeo is a tricky system with every single tank being different.

I have also considered starting a Zeo sub forum here for members to hash it out there, as the official zeo forum is just too big with far too much conflicting information IMHO.

Ok I have to apologize as I should have looked to see if you had a tank thread around here and you do... Ive skimmed through it all and I have to say you did an incredible job with the setup and equipment of the tank. I'm stunned (if you want to come over and help me organize the mess of wires I'll be very grateful lol

On a side note, were using almost the same stuff... have a look at my thread and see what you think.

Anyhow I will answer in your thread as I can see a few mistakes with the setup.