Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 04-03-2012, 05:09 PM

toytech is on a distinguished road

Had to flick my green spot puffer in the face to get him to stop bitting me when i put my hand in the tank , totally worked .
Old 04-03-2012, 05:11 PM

fido19 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by toytech View Post
Had to flick my green spot puffer in the face to get him to stop bitting me when i put my hand in the tank , totally worked .
i dont get it with some fish, they act like dogs you know, its as if they respond to training and stuff
Old 04-03-2012, 05:16 PM
Banned

Leah is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrfish55 View Post
I have a High Fin Snapper that I would love to pan fry and turn into sandwiches, that SOB has eaten nearly 1k worth of fish.
Did it eat them all at once?
Old 04-03-2012, 05:26 PM

tt101 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefgirl189 View Post
I wouldn't say "lose it" but I did get pretty upset with myself over the first fish that died in my care.

This was back in my freshwater days in grade school. I lost a clown pleco. I think I grieved for that fish. It all seems so silly now in retrospect.
haha this is so similar to me, i also cried and sobbed all day when my first fish bowl of goldfish died......dropped it while trying to clean it and it shattered with goldfish flopping everywhere.....bad bad day
Old 04-03-2012, 05:32 PM

fido19 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt101 View Post
haha this is so similar to me, i also cried and sobbed all day when my first fish bowl of goldfish died......dropped it while trying to clean it and it shattered with goldfish flopping everywhere.....bad bad day
the sad thing is my first fish was killed by my room mate sob overfed them and polluted the water. being a newb at that time i really didnt know what to do
Old 04-03-2012, 05:40 PM

asylumdown is on a distinguished road

The closest I came to abandoning the hobby was when everything failed while I was on vacation. M auto-top off pump kicked it on the first day, and I got a call a few days later from the house sitter asking why my tank looked like a jacuzzi. Over the next 8 days, a bunch of pumps failed, and a heater broke. I had to diagnose all of it over the phone with someone whose knowledge of fish extended no further than 'food goes in the top'.

I came home to an alkalinity of 4, 80% coral loss, and needing hundreds of dollars in replacement equipment.
Old 04-03-2012, 05:43 PM

tt101 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fido19 View Post
the sad thing is my first fish was killed by my room mate sob overfed them and polluted the water. being a newb at that time i really didnt know what to do
that does suck....i have overfed many fish when i was still really young but it worked out lol
Old 01-02-2013, 09:08 PM
Second Best

spit.fire is on a distinguished road

Spend 6hrs drilling a 90g breeder for a herbie, closed loop, built the overflow, plumbed it all went to bring it into the house and lost my balance and shattered the tank
Old 01-02-2013, 09:24 PM

SanguinesDream is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by spit.fire View Post
Spend 6hrs drilling a 90g breeder for a herbie, closed loop, built the overflow, plumbed it all went to bring it into the house and lost my balance and shattered the tank
I am so sorry.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:59 PM

ScubaSteve is on a distinguished road

I had a Goldstrip Maroon Clownfish that was the living definition of *******. It would smash SPS frags and colonies into pieces (literally), pick up anything semi-loose (like freshly glued frags) and drop them into the waiting tentacles of my mini-maxi nem who'd sting the living **** of of said coral. And, best of all, LOVED to bite me. I'm not talking little nibble bites but full on chunks out of my arm and hand.

So, of course, one day, after a complete **** day at work, I had a heater go in the tank (this was pre-sump days) which promptly fried a bunch of corals and I needed to spend a couple hours elbow deep in the tank trying to clean up the aftermath... all while the little **** was biting me (blood pressure quickly rising...). At one point the damn fish latched onto my arm and wouldn't let go. I yanked my arm out of the tank in a full on rage, fish still attached. Once I had him about 2 ft off the water I grabbed him and pulled him off my arm (with a good gush of blood following shortly behind) and was faced with several options:

1) squish the bastard until it exploded
2) baseball pitch it out the window
3) baseball pitch it out the window but purposely miss the open window and hit the wall

... damn near had a rage black out. Took a minute or two to calm down, be the bigger species and let the fish back into the tank. Had to go for a 45 minute walk just to come down.

The worst part was.... it wasn't even my fish! I was fish sitting while my buddy was away traveling. I celebrated with many beers the day that SOB left my tank.

Tags
fish, pain, punch, reef, story