Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 03-29-2016, 03:26 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by kien View Post
Would you mind explaining what all those chambers are for ? I suspect there's a return, skimmer, reactor, sock chamber in there somewhere ? I would also echo that the baffles seem high. At the end of the day it's all a matter of preference. If you prefer running a high water level then that's fine, but I don't think it's necessary to. In my experience I've always had issues with high level sumps (water overflow, more we walls for tube worms to grow on, cramped compartments making it difficult to get stuff in and out of, etc).
NEVERMIND. Clearly I need more coffee. I didn't notice that there was a second page where you changed everything Looking good, carry on :-)
Old 03-29-2016, 03:52 PM

lyall12 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kien View Post
NEVERMIND. Clearly I need more coffee. I didn't notice that there was a second page where you changed everything Looking good, carry on :-)
lol, thanks.

Ya, clearly some mistakes in first idea. But at least caught them early. Would delete/change first pics if I could.
Old 03-29-2016, 03:57 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyall12 View Post
lol, thanks.

Ya, clearly some mistakes in first idea. But at least caught them early. Would delete/change first pics if I could.
This hobby is all about mistakes, and learning from them. Honestly, that's partly what makes in interesting I think :-). This community helped me to avoid quite a few mistakes of my own..

Having the original design there is not a bad idea, for reference and historical reasons. The tank journal is a journey, an evolution of sorts. It's good to document it all, the good, the bad and the ugly. There's lots of crap in my journal that I re-read and think, WTF was I thinking there?!
Old 04-11-2016, 06:41 PM

Woo Hoo! Picked the tank and sump up on Saturday and spent the weekend setting it up and filling it.

Rockwork is rough right now. Will be organizing it better in 3 weeks when I move my existing tank rocks over.

Rocks have been curing for 2 months already and saw the levels spike and drop as hoped. Should have a pretty clean go once I start moving things over.

Old 04-11-2016, 09:26 PM

iamfrontosa is on a distinguished road

following...
Old 05-02-2016, 02:29 PM

After being away for a couple weeks of work, came back and got everything switched over. Everything seems to have settled in great and looks happy.

Lots more room to do stuff now

Old 05-19-2016, 08:31 PM

Tank's been setup for 6 weeks now and think it's looking pretty good.

Levels are staying pretty stable and slowly improving.

Have quite a bit of lettuce algae. Been trying different snails/inverts in an effort to try and keep it in check. Nothing seems to be making much of a dent so far. Might have to try a mexican turbo snail.

Also planning on getting gfo online this week in hopes that reducing phosphates will slow it down/reduce it.

Canopy is built, just needs paint and hardware.

Old 01-04-2017, 07:30 PM

Coming up on a year since I started this whole journey on this tank. Can't believe it's been that long already. Figured it was time put an update.

Have gone through all sorts of fun over the past year, but seems like just typical new tank stuff from what I've read. Got a bit more algae to deal with but it's definitely receding.

Have decided I really like the looks of sps dominant tanks so have decide to go down that route.

To help with that, decided to switch over to aquaforest. Personally like having a single product line/system I can follow to get ideal results. Started about a month ago and have been having success so far. Colours on everything has perked up and parameters have fallen in line and stayed pretty much stable.