Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 01-17-2013, 06:42 PM

James32 is on a distinguished road
Question Questions and need advice on My First Zeovit system

I just Bought The Zeovit zf-30 brand new in box with pump and all for $150 total is this a good price ?? Also I Bought 3 1 liter boxes of Neo Zeo from Brightwell Aquatics for my media for 10 dollars a box. I am worried about setting it up as I read u can kill your sps with these. I have a 75 gal display tank with a 20 gallon sump and I have 112 pounds of live rock with 100 pounds of live sand oolitic grain.The guy from the fish store said to set it up use all 3 boxes of neo zeo media and run it at half speed but i worry my sps will develop tissue loss. Also I am running a Refugium full of mangroves and Cheato as well all Culipera etc. I add Iron, strontium, Magnesium and Tech I for Iodine once a week and I dose B-ionic 2 part calcium and alkalinity once a day. My nitrates are at about 40 ppm phosphates 0 ppm . I was running a Phos-ban reactor but I turned it off 2 weeks ago when I started a vodka treatment which I plan to stop now that I have the zeovit ..stop vodka I mean not the Phos-ban or should i stop this to? I plan To keep my fuge going as it has A 5 inch sand bed with mangroves and macros and breeds pods like crazy my tank is covered in pods and small reef bugs on every inch. I have about 15 colonys of sps Acros Montis and such and also lps and some softies basically my tank is coverd with corals and frags . I have for fish the following- Convict tang, Powder blue tang (for those who worrie about fish being in to small A tank don't I have A 180 gallon that I plan to setup later in the year and will be using the 75 gallon for my sump so he is and will be fine) 1 Ocelloris Clown,Dragonface Pipefish , Yellow Watchman Goby Tiger Pistol combo ,and 3 Green Chromis. I use a Hydor Performer 400 skimmer and A Pacific Coast Imports Ps100 Skimmer as well (it is my old skimmer when i bought the Hydor I kept the Ps running for extra support).. When I install the Zeovit I will have to remove the pacific coast import to make space and rely on the Hydor Performer 400. Would it be recommended I sell the 2 skimmers and upgrade to A better skimmer? or is the Hydor fine for now ..I believe it is rated for 100 to 120 gallons I figure I have 72 gallons once u count rock sand etc.. Anyhow those are my specs
I would Basically like to know if I can keep the fuge and macros? and if it is safe to start with all media mentioned above at half speed? as I have thousands of dollars worth of corals sps especially and would hate to lose even A frag .. Also I should note I have been getting some cyano bacteria and brown diatom algae in my tank in the past 3-4 weeks my system was first setup September 21 2012 so has not been running long anyhow any thoughts advice or anything at All on on this subject would be appreciated
Cheers
Sincerely
James
Old 01-17-2013, 07:03 PM
Good Guy Albert

albert_dao will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to albert_dao

:/

If your retailer couldn't make you feel confident after dropping $200, that's a bad place to start.

You can head over to the guys at zeovit.com for in-depth information or PM me.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:14 PM

James32 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert_dao View Post
:/

If your retailer couldn't make you feel confident after dropping $200, that's a bad place to start.

You can head over to the guys at zeovit.com for in-depth information or PM me.
Well I read about this zeovit before buying it and I new i wanted it I just didnt know how to use it and what not and where I bought it they dont seem to like giving info on things but they give me good deals on things cause I buy a lot there so yeah u are right thoughI will pm u later on Thank you for info

Tags
neo zeo, reactor, zeovit