Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 12-07-2010, 09:15 PM

jorjef is on a distinguished road

Four Christmases ..... if you've never watched it you're missing out......I for one never put up a Christmas tree until my kids were born..Should be a Christmas rule... no one over the age of 15 is allowed gifts...do ya really need one????? BAAAA!!.....( grandparents have a special exemption)
Old 12-07-2010, 09:29 PM

sphelps is on a distinguished road

Wow, is it really that hard or too much trouble to buy a few gifts for your family once a year? I mean yeah you don't need gifts but realistically it's the thought that counts so something, big or small, is always better than nothing.

Christmas is the only time I get together with the whole family at once and I for one enjoy surprising everyone with a little something, it's fun! Yeah it's difficult sometimes but anything good takes effort just like a fish tank.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:37 PM

jorjef is on a distinguished road

I will be the first to say no but does anyone really celebrate Christ..mas for the real reason? ( go to church etc.) I like the getting together part, give a hug and a kiss and tell family you love them. No It's not too hard or too much trouble....Just in my eyes not what it's all about... We live with enough excess in our lives why heap more on...Dismounting soap box...
Old 12-07-2010, 10:38 PM

ALBERTA REEF is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to ALBERTA REEF

Dear Santa, All I want for Christmas Is a job.
Old 12-07-2010, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBERTA REEF View Post
Dear Santa, All I want for Christmas Is a job.
What is it that you do?
Old 12-07-2010, 10:58 PM

ALBERTA REEF is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to ALBERTA REEF

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphelps View Post
What is it that you do?
I'm a licensed mechanic witch I was laid off twice for lac of work in that trade. So I figure it was time to change trade after 12 years. Now I worked as a first year apprentice electrician for Three months witch i enjoyed. Laid off for lac of work two weeks ago. Have been sending and dropping off resumes for first year apprentice.
Old 12-07-2010, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBERTA REEF View Post
I'm a licensed mechanic witch I was laid off twice for lac of work in that trade. So I figure it was time to change trade after 12 years. Now I worked as a first year apprentice electrician for Three months witch i enjoyed. Laid off for lac of work two weeks ago. Have been sending and dropping off resumes for first year apprentice.
Sorry to hear that, I was hoping it would be something I could help with or knew a connection, unfortunately I don't have any direct connections in those trades but if I hear of something I'll let you know. If you're looking for something different with job security you could look into Standen's here in town, they have never laid off anyone since they opened in the early 1900s and they are usually looking for people in various positions. If the company looks like something you would be interested in let me know.

Last edited by sphelps; 12-07-2010 at 11:09 PM.
Old 12-07-2010, 11:12 PM

zum14 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Wow, is it really that hard or too much trouble to buy a few gifts for your family once a year? I mean yeah you don't need gifts but realistically it's the thought that counts so something, big or small, is always better than nothing.

Christmas is the only time I get together with the whole family at once and I for one enjoy surprising everyone with a little something, it's fun! Yeah it's difficult sometimes but anything good takes effort just like a fish tank.
Thats not my problems with this holiday at all. Theres no smiley face of one biting his tounge so ill just type it.

"Nah, unless they got any big, giant robot camels I think were ok."

"Ah.....Jim.......robot camels"
Old 12-08-2010, 02:03 AM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Quote:

I feel the stress of buying something. I enjoy the giving part, I just get stressed out about not buying the right thing and wasting money on something they won't use in comparison to buying them something useful. Then I get stressed because my inlaws spend huuuuuge amounts of money on gifts, and my (our) gifts back seem so incomparable, and I feel pressured to spend more than I am comfortable with.

I actually had quite a good time shopping for 6 hours today, and I got most of it done!

Now, the family part...I LOVE that part! The big dinner, a bunch of family over, happy occasion, good times, and don't forget all the fun decorations!

In the past I have also given out stockings (aka wool socks) filled with street goodies for the homeless that I give out on Christmas Eve. I always kept track of how much I spent buying gifts, and I would spend the same amount on my Homeless Stockings. I haven't don't that in the last few years though.

SPS fanatic.

Last edited by Myka; 12-08-2010 at 02:06 AM.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:48 PM

Trabby is on a distinguished road

Imagine... What our world would be like with John Lennon still in it...RIP