Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics livestock related only)

Old 01-14-2013, 05:20 PM

Proteus is on a distinguished road

Denny I tried your method yesterday I added on cube of blood worm one mysis and feed continuously for three hours. After puting back into DT they were well swollen

Worked great and ill def continoue
Old 01-14-2013, 05:23 PM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xadieu View Post
Great read right here :P
haha wanna buy a suncoral frag im about to make a bunch from random colors
Old 01-14-2013, 05:26 PM
R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus99 View Post
Denny I tried your method yesterday I added on cube of blood worm one mysis and feed continuously for three hours. After puting back into DT they were well swollen

Worked great and ill def continoue

youll have to do that for a little bit , the swollen part is a dead giveaway that they are able to recover.

if you can nick add something that pollutes the water like the juice from the mysis or a product like reef roids, since its outside the tank pollution is the goal.

also i should note that overfeeding your suncorals and dendros can mean death as the food rots before it gets digested inside the coral, cases of this are rare

good luck guys and cheers
Old 01-14-2013, 05:34 PM

Proteus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefwars View Post
Haha. Now that's a hijack if I ever saw one. Lol

Yes I use the juice to excite them. And I'll try this every other day. Should each head head eat or does one feed the other like lps
Old 01-14-2013, 05:36 PM

Reef Pilot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
nps are beautiful corals and are getting easier and easier to keep then they were years ago , keeping them longterm isnt a dream anymore but rather a reality that anyone can do , the same is said for alot of gorgs that we couldnt keep years ago
Totally agree with that. I got mine in a rescue from an LFS, where it was dying, or so they thought. Since I already had a Dendro, I thought I would take it home and see what I could do with it. To my surprise, it opened up and had no trouble getting it to start feeding.

I think if I fed it every day, it would stay open more too. But even as it is, (feeding every few days) it is open quite a bit, esp in the mornings. However, have to admit to being a little lazy, so want to see how this infrequent feeding works out. Right now they seem to be very healthy, and the tubes growing fatter and longer.

Here is a pic of my Dendro. It is always open. I have 2 large heads, and about 4 baby ones. Feeding it is a lot easier though, as I just target feed it (no bottle) a few mysis when I feed the rest of the fish. It has big heads and tentacles, so consumes a mysis immediately before any fish can steal it.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:51 PM

Xadieu is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hehe nice one Denny but my tank is over stocked, I wouldn't mind taking ur fruit loops when u have them ready
Old 01-14-2013, 05:55 PM
R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xadieu View Post
Hehe nice one Denny but my tank is over stocked, I wouldn't mind taking ur fruit loops when u have them ready

youll have to see tucan sam for that one lol ;PPPP
Old 01-14-2013, 05:56 PM
R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reef Pilot View Post
Totally agree with that. I got mine in a rescue from an LFS, where it was dying, or so they thought. Since I already had a Dendro, I thought I would take it home and see what I could do with it. To my surprise, it opened up and had no trouble getting it to start feeding.

I think if I fed it every day, it would stay open more too. But even as it is, (feeding every few days) it is open quite a bit, esp in the mornings. However, have to admit to being a little lazy, so want to see how this infrequent feeding works out. Right now they seem to be very healthy, and the tubes growing fatter and longer.

Here is a pic of my Dendro. It is always open. I have 2 large heads, and about 4 baby ones. Feeding it is a lot easier though, as I just target feed it (no bottle) a few mysis when I feed the rest of the fish. It has big heads and tentacles, so consumes a mysis immediately before any fish can steal it.

thats sure one beauty of a dendro
Old 01-14-2013, 06:01 PM
R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus99 View Post
Haha. Now that's a hijack if I ever saw one. Lol

Yes I use the juice to excite them. And I'll try this every other day. Should each head head eat or does one feed the other like lps

every head does need to eat but not at the sale times , basically by feeding every day you allow the heads that dont get fed to feed the next day or day after , so say if i feed every three days then the heads that dont eat dont eat again untill 3 days later , suncorals can go a long time without food but if too long go into hibernation ....this is when the process starts over.

its easier to just not miss a feeding then to try to recover feeding forget.

suncorals also base their growth off of feedings , so if you want lots of growth or even for them to drop clones lots of food is the key.

overall suncorals and dendros are the easier of the nps corals but do require some consistency.

try hand feeding a dendro colonie pellets for 3 mths straight for hours on end lol gets frustrating but the reward is great and the beauty cant be beat
Old 01-14-2013, 06:11 PM

chevyjaxon is on a distinguished road

had a sun coral once, those things are pigs seems mine just ate, and ate don't think it was ever full!